Battlefield : Bad Company Series

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company Xbox 360 and PS3

We're sorry, access to the Battlefield: Bad Company beta program is limited to users from the U.S., Canada and Europe only. Please check back with IGN for future, more accessible beta tests.

Cunts :(

Haha, I passed the screening and then got this.

"You have passed screening, but only subscriber keys are left. Select a package to the right to continue the beta signup." - $1.25, $3.75, $4.98 a month.

Yep.

Anyone else get their code for the multiplayer beta got mine today via email preordered at gamestop months ago

My bro is a subscriber so he's got the Beta and downloaded it. Doesn't go live till the 25th tho.

If its good I'll subscribe for a month and then cancel. Its only like $1.50 or something isnt it for a month? I waste that every day on a bottle of Coke!

Dunno they just sent me an email? Probably because they know im great at games.

^^ LOL.

24 player online multiplayer = wank. Why do next-gen console shooters have such a low number of online slots?
I'm going to skip this as it has fuck all to do with the Proper Battlefield series. They are just whoring the name ( Shock for EA ). Battlefield heroes looks shit too.

It's free to download, yes, but it's " Micropayments " all the way for the unlocks and new weapons etc........EA + Free = :LOL:

Demo coming up & new trailer released
2008-06-03

Get hands on with DICE’s summer blockbuster at the public release on June 5, both on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
The demo for Battlefield: Bad Company is coming closer. Get hands on with DICE’s summer blockbuster at the public release on June 5, both on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Reach rank 4 in the demo to unlock an exclusive in-game multiplayer weapon for use in the full game.

Get acquainted with the members of B-Company as you play through a section of the single-player campaign from the opening level, Green Acres. The demo also includes a look at the new multiplayer mode, “Gold Rush.” Explore the air, sea, and land with vehicles like the tank, buggy, boat and helicopter as you take the battle to new heights on Oasis. Powered by the new Frostbite engine, up to 24 players can join in on a map and destroy practically everything in sight.

not impressed with the demo, seems arcadey and average and gold rush is naff

has anyone got this yet? i think it looks great but that was the same with army of two and that was a disapointment

the game is brilliant. a bit better then cod4(pc) BUT MILES better then the console versions of cod4 though.

Why do you say that? COD4 is by far the best console FPS. The story is amazing (except the length). That's my opinion, but why do you think BF is so much better?

there is more variety online, from classic gun fights to tank fights and blowing up bridges and buildings.

another plus is the fact that you can play up to 24 players online unlike cod4 which i believe is 16?

i dont like the controls of cod4 on a pad has its too fast when trying to aim and it just doesn't feel right. in BF bc it feels solid and easier to aim. don't get me wrong, cod4 is probably the best console fps game but this game just feels right to me. I am an avid pc fps player and there are not many console fps games that blow me away. vegas2 and possible bf bc could be an exception to that rule though

i dont like the controls of cod4 on a pad has its too fast when trying to aim and it just doesn't feel right.

Err can't you adjust the sensitivity in COD4? I found BBC's aiming way too fast so adjusted the sensitivity to slow it down by about 2/3......

the destructibility is cool, for about ten minutes. It then becomes a pretty generic shooter.

Not a bad game though.

what makes cod4 not so generic? cod4 is a classic run and gun game. whats special about cod4?

COD4 is as generic as they come

people like that becuase of its ease of use, you can just pick up and play and don't need to put any hours in to be good at it

i prefer a challenge like Vegas, running and gunning is boring to me. Spawn run die, spawn run kill, kill again, die, spawn run ect ect ect

well said coopz thats like me. bf bc is not soo generic as these people think. it actualy sometimes takes an hour just to complete one round in BF bc

I really like it ( yes in a month I'll hate it, har har, fuck off ;) ).

I loved BF2 on the PC, I couldn't get into it too much because there were some people on there who were untouchable. They knew all the hit-points off by heart so while you were packing 20 shots into their chest they'd get you once in the bollocks and you were dead. Plus they're so used to playing with a keyboard and mouse they're like extensions of their arms, the sad fucks.

See this is why I like playing FPS games on consoles, you don't get that, as much (Gears Of War was bad, Vegas can be, CoD did it quite well though - even though it was run and gun you could be someone who doesn't play it night and day in the absence of a girlfriend and STILL manage to kill people - and I hope this will be the same).

I just love the mechanics of the game, there's a video you can download from marketplace now about how the online side of the game works. I love the variety of weapons, classes, the different things you can do other than just shoot things (give aid, plant trackers, manually control missiles, get in vehicles etc.)... I hope you have to "spot" like you do on BF2 and that you can't just see everything on the radar, that would be a shame.

Question though, there's an online bit in the demo but when I try to play I get "connection failed", does everyone else get this?

Back
Top Bottom