Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero (stunning!)

Are there any shops that are selling the guitar on its own? And can you do the star thingy with the controller cos i aint got the guitar yet?

what star thingy?

u mean when u press select and it goes into the multiplyer?

He means star power, which is the multiplier. Yes Grim, you can, you move the guitar clockwise, so that the top is pointed to the ceiling, and that activates star power (there's a sensor inside of the guitar).

Jack Bauer said:
He means star power, which is the multiplier. Yes Grim, you can, you move the guitar clockwise, so that the top is pointed to the ceiling, and that activates star power (there's a sensor inside of the guitar).

I'm using a bloody controller, if i had a guitar i'd hit you over the head with it. Now then where can i buy a guitar? Are game or gamestation selling em single, i wanna trade some game in.

You can do star power on a controller by pressing select.

I don't think you can get spare guitars in shops yet, you can only get them buying from redoctane directly. Delivery cost is a bit excessive though.

http://www.guitarherogame.co.uk/

Just buy the Guitar and game and trade the game in jay, my local Game had a pre-owned Guitar and Game for sale the other day, so just check the shops I suppose

Holio said:
Just buy the Guitar and game and trade the game in jay, my local Game had a pre-owned Guitar and Game for sale the other day, so just check the shops I suppose

Ok i'll try em this weekend, i sent some emails out asking but they never reply.

OMG, I just played a bit at my friend's house and I'm allready addicted. :D It was my first time and we played multiplayer on medium. I had around 90% accuracy on Franz Ferdinand's song Take me out. I don't know the highscore, though.

And the blue bits also confuse me a bit, because they appear so rarely.

Last edited:

Oh man, you have to try it in Guitar Hero. I just love the transfer in the song.

:mrgreen: No, I meant, the name of the song... It's "Take Me Out", not "Take Me Up". :)

Oh, sorry. :D I was a bit sleepy when I posted my 1st post in here.

Guitar Hero crew fretting over next-gen online
Friday 16-Jun-2006 12:34 PM RedOctane co-founder Kai Huang says online will play a major part in Guitar Hero's next-gen transition

Guitar Hero: a game so wildly brilliant, we lent it to a friend and haven't seen it or him since. Our guess he's either headlining somewhere or stuck in traction with his twiddling fingers now calloused husks of bent sinew.

Anyway, fully aware of the popularity of its surprise PS2 hit, RedOctane co-founder Kai Huang has spoken to next-gen.biz about its upcoming plans for future iterations of the series.

Most immediately, it seems the publisher hopes to replicate the success of Guitar Hero in other musical areas, and says there's a "a very, very high likelihood of additional Hero games". Drum Hero, Ukelele Hero or Kazoo Hero, anyway?

Advertisement:However, RedOctane doesn't plan to abandon its Guitar Hero franchise just yet. In fact, it's currently investigating the possibility of launching a whole line of guitar peripherals for the game and its upcoming sequel, developed by Harmonix. According to Huang, RedOctane is looking at "the possibility of doing additional guitars, not only in different colors, but potentially shapes, and higher-end guitars that might be more closely aligned with a real guitar, rather than the current Guitar Hero guitar."

Finally, Huang took a moment to discuss it's next-gen plans for Guitar Hero, the crux of which seems to be online-based. Hoorah! "Online is definitely going to be a huge component of what we're planning, whether that's downloading new music or characters or skins or online play features, those are the things that are really going to be the major changes for next-gen."

Guitar Hero II is scheduled for release on PS2 at the end of the year. And there's no bloody way we'll be lending it out next time around.

Anyone seen the Guitar Hero 2 demo bundled with the last issue of the US Official PlayStation Magazine? (You can grab it off the net if you look hard enough - you need the original Guitar Hero controller to play it mind)

Just had a play on it, there's no real differences (well it didn't need any really did it?) apart from the new songs, obviously, and now the crowd can get their lighters out when the music gets softer (which looks hilarious). The four songs in the demo are You Really Got Me by Van Halen (yuck), Strutter by Kiss (very good), YYZ (or possibly YZZ, some hippy crap that is all over the place) and another song that wasn't very good that I can't remember.

Out in November in the States (God knows when it's out over here) - looking forward to it. :)

The new GH2 controller for 360 was one of the main reasons for me buying one last week....

babs said:
The new GH2 controller for 360 was one of the main reasons for me buying one last week....
What's new about the 360 controller? I was going to stick with the PS2 one and save myself £50 but then saying that once I see the 360 one I'll probably end up forking out...

ss_preview_1-X06_all_GH2_art_02.jpg

Too cool! :)

WAAAHAHAHA, that is class! Here comes my pre-order... Oh God, I'll have no money left at all for Christmas presents at this rate.

Full track list now confirmed:

1. Opening Licks
Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil
Danzig - Mother
Cheap Trick - Surrender
Wolfmother - Woman
Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

2. Amp-Warmers
Kiss - Strutter
Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box
Police - Message in a Bottle
Van Halen - You Really Got Me
Kansas - Carry on Wayward Son

3. String-Snappers
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
Alice in Chains - Them Bones
Iggy Pop and the Stooges - Search and Destroy
Pretenders - Tattooed Love Boys
Black Sabbath - War Pigs

4. Thrash and Burn
Warrant - Cherry Pie
Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night
Mathew Sweet - Girlfriend
Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

5. Return of the Shred
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of
Primus - John the Fisherman
Sword - Freya
Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation
Aerosmtih - Last Child

6. Relentless Riffs
Heart - Crazy on You
Stone Temple Pilots - Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Stray Cats - Rock This Town
Allman Brothers - Jessica
Jane's Addiction - Stop

7. Furious Fretwork
Anthrax - Madhouse
Living End - Carry Me Home
Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout
Rush - YYZ

8. Face-Melters
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized
Dick Dale - Misirlou
Megadeth - Hangar 18
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

Out end of November in the UK, Play.com says 24th :)

I think I can forget about PES6 this year Guitar Hero has taken over!!!

Good work BGOLN2, thanks for that! :) Out of that list, I've heard:

BGOLN2 said:
Kiss - Strutter
Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
LOVE the first three, cannot STAND that last one. That's a fair few songs I've never heard of, don't know whether to be excited or worried...!

Thank God, ergh! Too soft and jazzy for Guitar Hero, this game is about RRROOOCCCKKK! ;)

MrCoopz said:
Chilis are a cRock of shit

:(
I know, that's what I said :(

rockykabir said:
Why isn't Rick Astley on this? :(
Is it really, really bad that I only know four songs from that list and I have no idea who that is? (I'm 22 in 9 days) :eh:

You don't know "the one and only"???

Back
Top Bottom