Football Kingdom [PS2]

This game is going to be off the hook.

From the trailer, it looks like it's going to play a lot like the ISS on N64 which in my opinion were the best games ever released.

The net physics are amazing! Anyone see this ball bouncing out of the goal like it got kicked in the ass?

The animations look awesome. Those goals by Brazil. One was voley, the other one a strange header. Haven't seen anything like this before.

Yeah, the game might be a bit more arcadey but who said they ain't fun!?!?!? except for fifa that is.

COPY RESERVED!

EDIT: It is called 'TRIAL EDITION' because NAMCO wanted to emphesize that they're returning to making football games (read on IGN).

I can't get enough of this game. Looks so amazing!

EDIT2: What about the FK animation? 2 players, one fakes the shot, the other runs up behind him and kicks the ball. NiceEEEE.

Hey Jumbo,

You sound just as excited as I am waiting for this game. The net physics look fantastic don't they?

Notice the long aerial ball animations in the trailer. And the through ball animation as well...very realistic looking.

Also, the life like grass textures. Another thing that caught my attention was how realistic the wingers looked when they were sent on a run down the flanks. As they took off running, they resembled Roberto Carlos exactly as he does it on real matches.

It looks like this game has a lot of the important little things that WE games have been missing for years. Remember, it is this little things that add so much more to realism together with a great gameplay engine.

COPY RESERVED AS WELL......

Peace!
JFlo

I like the fact you can actually put power on the passes!

LOL, looks like the game's getting a fair amount of attention. Good.

One thing I've noticed about the graphics is that the players look a less blocky than in WE. The game also seems a lot more colorful and the motion capture (one feature that WE is missing) is amazing. The grass is a lot better than in WE, too.

About the gameplay. Seems like all kinds of passes and stuff can be controlled. Good.

The goals (nets and string that support them, etc.) too look super cool.

Nice.

video looks great :) :)

Gonna try the game out for sure.

anybody no if we will be able to patch this game so we have englishg language? or will the game include it

the thing that impressed me the most was the crossing by the wingers...looked very realistic...nice curl on the crosses.
The nets are also superb, the best i've seen so far.
But we'll probably have to wait and see how the gameplay turns out.

Hope it's good, more competition for Konami :D

kevano22 said:
anybody no if we will be able to patch this game so we have englishg language? or will the game include it

Oh God, I had totally forgotten about the head aches I will get with the menu japanese texts for this game.

I hope there is an option to switch to english....really do.

And hey Jumbo, I agree with the nice colorful bright graphics on this game. They look very sharp and sweet. If you don't beleive me, just look at my avatar. The player models look good as well.

I don't think I can wait any longer to get my hands on this game....

I wish there were more movies to watch...

I'm pretty sure they'll show the game on E3.

Nothing left but to wait and anticpate.

And that's what I'm doing.

The game's on CD. Shouldn't be hard to patch.

LOL me + jfloers = most anxiously anticipating. :D

I'm definitely going to try it out as it looks promising but I'm not going to get really excited over it, Namco aren't exactly known for realism in their games, and things like 'Free Run' and 'Free Pass' look gimmicky and arcadey from that video clip.

ClassicD said:
I'm definitely going to try it out as it looks promising but I'm not going to get really excited over it, Namco aren't exactly known for realism in their games, and things like 'Free Run' and 'Free Pass' look gimmicky and arcadey from that video clip.

Yes, Namco is known for arcadey games. But I'm sure this time around they are serious about simulation with a little touch of arcadey, which wouldn't be too bad in my opinion.

Besides, all WE games seemed a bit arcadey to me anyway. In my opinion based on the movie clip, this game resembles more realism than WE has to this point solely based on player animation and looks since we still don't know anything about the gameplay.

The only thing gimmicky and arcadey about the "free-run" and "free-pass" that I see are the little arrows on top of the players before they make the runs. I hope you can turn this off. If not, I really wouldn't mind, considering the gameplay is good. Other than that, everything else looks superb.

Oh, and LOL Yes, Jumbo and Me are probably the most excited about this game thus far. :D

It's hard not to be after watching that clip...

Just bumping it up so it dont get lost i'm really looking forward to this game, as much as i love we/pes i hope this beats it so konami will have to really update the series and not just touch it up, the signs are looking good though the video looks quality.

JayD said:
Just bumping it up so it dont get lost i'm really looking forward to this game, as much as i love we/pes i hope this beats it so konami will have to really update the series and not just touch it up, the signs are looking good though the video looks quality.

I agree.

I just wish there would be more movies and screenshots on this game every week. I am dying to see at least one movie between Brazil and Germany showing the game in motion. And showing a celebration after a goal.

I hope the game is really worth it. The nets physics looked so flawlessly real as the ball made contact. And the player animation(runs etc..) looked very real as well. Ball physics also looked very nice. One thing I also notice in the video was how the player pushed the ball forward and followed with a burst of speed. It was the little things that made this game so enticing and intriguing. I am trying very hard not to keep my hopes up too high.

Peace!
JFlo

Tawdry graphics, and there's no reason to think othwisely when it comes to the gameplay.

Apperantly a couple of demo versions of this game have been distributed to some of the stores here and there LOL (europe). Them ITALIANS are already playing the game and they're excited. Some guy who's been playin for a while gave WE7I a 9 and FC a solid 8 and said it's a fantastic game in WE's style athough I don't really know any other details :p I'm using www.freetranslation.com :D

LOL, here's the link. Lots of pages and some screens:

http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?showtopic=138661&st=0

CAN'T WAIT.

These are the club teams tho :(

AC Maccheroni
AS Catenaccio
Sanfu rat
High Heel
Real Flamenco (una squadra di ballerini?)
Silver Cooper (in onore di Hector?)
Suzuki Motor FC
Total Foot 14
Fc Top Merun
Training Bull Utd

Not very licensed. :(

LOL.

To me, after playing with Chamartin and Trad Bricks for years it just don't make any difference anymore. :D

That's just me though ;)

but those were the real teams, the ones in football kingdom dont seem real. I mean who could possibly be Suzuki Motor FC? Real Madrid?

Well, maybe they're japanese teams not necessairly european.

If the game includes 14 japanese stadiums, there's a good chance it'll also include the japanese league.

Just a guess though..

jumbo said:
Apperantly a couple of demo versions of this game have been distributed to some of the stores here and there LOL (europe). Them ITALIANS are already playing the game and they're excited. Some guy who's been playin for a while gave WE7I a 9 and FC a solid 8 and said it's a fantastic game in WE's style athough I don't really know any other details :p I'm using www.freetranslation.com :D

LOL, here's the link. Lots of pages and some screens:

http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?showtopic=138661&st=0

CAN'T WAIT.

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D :D

That's music to my hears......Thanks Jumbo! ;)

ClassicD said:
Old Trafford, De Kuip (Feyenoord) and San Siro are in the trailer.

Really? I know fo sure that there's tons of japanese stadiums in it too. Don't remember when I read about it but it musta been some old preview...

jflores man, i'm as excited as you are. i'm buyin a ps2 pre-mod and i'll be gettin this game fo' sure. Can't wait. 8) :D :D ;) :shock: :x: :square: :circle: :triangle:

jumbo said:
jflores man, i'm as excited as you are. i'm buyin a ps2 pre-mod and i'll be gettin this game fo' sure. Can't wait. 8) :D :D ;) :shock: :x: :square: :circle: :triangle:

I'm also excited about WE8 which has been confirmed for Aug 5th. With referees on the pitch and more licensed teams, along with tweaked gameplay. I am highly excited!!!

I just hope WE8 doesn't forget to make the net physics as real as they look on Football Kingdom. Football Kingdom will be worth it I'm sure. The game looks so tasty.

And hey JUMBO, what are we going to do about the translation for this game??? imagine how difficult it will be to navigate through the menus. :shock:

Anyhow, It's going to be awesome.... ;)

Sounds Good...

I have been translating the Italian forum regarding this game with the link you provided. Interesting what they had to say. I am getting more and more eager to play this for myself.

May 27th seems an eternity at this point.

Link to WE8 is in the WE Discussions forum. Check it out...

Back
Top Bottom