Football Kingdom [PS2]

You never know, maybe they have been sitting in the shadows quietly reading through all forums like this one to find out what people really want.

Since they are a japenese company aswell they are sure to know that it is gameplay that counts and that konami lead the way with this.

Hopefully they rip off we gameplay/controls and add the little touches that people on here are always asking for.

Its unlikely but it could happen :D

On a seperate note is fifa released in japan?

thanks fot the images thomasgoal
tha game seems pretty good to me...let's see how's the gameplay...

at least konami will have more serious competition against WE

only 1 week till release of Football Kingdom...the new best soccer game of all times :mrgreen:

stiffler said:
the graphics look like a mix between ISS pro evolution soccer 2 (ps1) and the ISS (ps2) - not good :(

if it plays anything like iss pro evo 2 on ps1, i'll be well chuffed! :)

getimage.php

One thing I haven't liked already are the cartoonish graphics on the player models. And the fact that the goal nets are not visible from a far. All the screens show the nets too transparent without any solidness to them as in WE.

Another thing is how you have arrows pointing to goal on free kicks and corners. I hate this, it reminds me of Fifa.

Anyway, I wonder about the gameplay???

I guess well find out soon...

Soundtracker said:
thanks fot the images thomasgoal
tha game seems pretty good to me...let's see how's the gameplay...

at least konami will have more serious competition against WE

only 1 week till release of Football Kingdom...the new best soccer game of all times :mrgreen:
Where did you find out only 1 week till release? I must admit i'm looking forward to it i reckon it looks quiet good , even thought i'll prolly be dissapointed.

MonkeyJug said:
stiffler said:
the graphics look like a mix between ISS pro evolution soccer 2 (ps1) and the ISS (ps2) - not good :(

if it plays anything like iss pro evo 2 on ps1, i'll be well chuffed! :)

So will I!
ISS PE2 is prob my fave game of all time!
cant see this bein like it tbh but you never know....

After the screen with the JFSMAX stuff comes up I don't see anything, it just sticks on that screen and I hear someone talking...
sad.gif

That looks pretty damn impressive if I do say so myself :D Trivial I know but the nets look great when the goals go in :) Looking forward to some reviews.

Mine is the same, stutters all the time and video keeps sticking while sound continues. Isn't there a program which allows you to save it?

I changed my media player to buffer for 30 secs, did the trick. Looks not bad, at times like WE but other times a tad arcadish. Why is it called 'Trial Edition'?

A great looking trailer... really love the crowd support at the proper times... . Crowd roars on goals, through balls that set up 1 v. 1, and on long passes... very nice.

Sound is something I think Konami overlooks, I wish they'd put more emphasis on it once again a la ISS64 on N64.

Looks fun, might be a bit too easy it seemed, I will definitely give a look.

The game looks AMAZING!

I am definately getting a copy..

From studying the game movie, I didn't see any field ref's or linesman. Also, I saw only a few players on the benches. Didn't resemble field players. And I counted 10 stadiums. All which look fantastic.

Everything from the one two's, long balls, through balls, volleys, headers, run animations, to how flawlessly and realistically the nets animate when the ball hits them, the game just looks like a real contender. I am already falling in love with just the trailer. I really hope it plays great.

Finally, it looks like somebody got the nets animation correct.

The graphics don't look that bad either, along with the boots on Ronaldo.

It looks just like a WE game in my opinion. Very similar...

Well, this are my takes on the trailer.

Peace!
JF

So far it's Japan-only. It's been described in one news piece as one of the most realistic football games yet, but whether that's from the magazine or from Namco is unknown.

Back
Top Bottom