Football Kingdom [PS2]

My goal is to release several OFs in the process of translation, and I will divide it in various versions:

1.0: Translate all 2002 World Cup teams and correct kits/unlicensed names if needed.
1.01: Translate 13 extra teams qualified for the 2006 World Cup and correct kits/unlicensed names if needed.
1.1: Translate and correct kits/unlicensed names of the rest of the North and South American, African and Asian teams and New Zealand in order to play all continental cups properly.
1.2: Translate and correct kits/unlicensed names of the rest of the teams.

Let me get clear that by "teams" I only mean translating the players, since NT names cannot be change (anyway, you can guide yourself with the flags).

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I'm new here.
I'm a lucky owner of an original copy of this fantastic game and i managed to make a valid and patched iso of it using fernando file.
I'm playing with the patched one in my modded ps2 and almost everything is in english.
If someone ask and tell me how to do it i could upload the file.
the only thing i'm asking you is if there is a way to edit the club teams and make them "real", maybe someone could make an option file?
Thank you and sorry for my english!
Long live Football Kingdom!

theisozone has the working patched version of the game for pcsx2, uploaded 2 month ago. I've tried it and it only slows down during cutscenes and you have to skip the opmov immediately.

dunno if it's legal to share the link :) but you'll find it with a quick search on that site.

p.s. just seen the uploader(valaz) is already a member here. :COAT:

Last edited:
Hi i 've tried the game into ps2 fat but when i start the game stop after the screen nsct pal pal y-fix ...somebody can help me please i love this game thanks

Just repeatedly (I mean with fury) press the circle button until it fades out at the very beginning. That's the only way it works for me.

I don't know about FK but TIF was decent for back then. No competition for Pes, but as a standalone game it was over 5/10 for me. I think some version had a very deep season mode?

Note: found it, TIF2005
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/this-is-football-2005.77585/#post-3213358

There is only one version, the TRIAL EDITION. Sadly, the game has also bugs, like not saving the camera position between matchs, etc. I really really like the game and more now that i've been playing again a lot since taking the translation project back from what i left in 2004.

btw, i could not find the players of this friggin hidden team Bhutan from 2002, also if you anyone has Montserrat lineup would be awesome. Send me a pm.

all these have silly fantasy names

I've just dug this game out, along with countless others from the same era, and I'm pretty shocked at how much I like it!

It seems it was miles ahead of its time - with semi-manual passing (using a permanent direction indicator I think should be present in all football games), decent shot physics, and pretty great animation.

I might try a World Cup on it tomorrow. With it being abandonware at this point, I think I'm pretty safe to ask - is there a pre-patched @fernando English translation anywhere from later than 2005 (when the translation wasn't very far along)?

I've just dug this game out, along with countless others from the same era, and I'm pretty shocked at how much I like it!

It seems it was miles ahead of its time - with semi-manual passing (using a permanent direction indicator I think should be present in all football games), decent shot physics, and pretty great animation.

I might try a World Cup on it tomorrow. With it being abandonware at this point, I think I'm pretty safe to ask - is there a pre-patched @fernando English translation anywhere from later than 2005 (when the translation wasn't very far along)?

I found it a pretty buggy PES copy which of course it is and nothing wrong with it but some game mechanics like the passing and shooting is very inconsistent, i couldnt really enjoy it. A few months development for it and it would have been a decent game.

I found that the game was enjoyable in small doses, The odd exhibition match or two just to appreciate a different game for it's time other than PES or FIFA but it's evident it was more of a prototype not only by Namco cleverly establishing so by naming it "Trial Edition" but also by the fact that it has no where near the tactical depth, The player AI or movement or general magic & drama that PES captured so well at the same time.

I like the things that it did pioneer though, like 360 degree dribbling and manual passing though so of course it had those trump cards over it's competition.

And ball physics are very satisfying here, You really do feel as though you can whip in some really unpredictable & dangerous crosses which is a pleasure and speaking of pleasures...

...How can you not bite your lips when you score a goal on this game and that net ripples and billows the way it does?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Hi there! I have spent some time creating club teams on the game to be used in the Exhibition Mode. I've used the Kingdom League feature to create them (although as far as I know the game only lets you edit one of the eight teams available, the rest are randomly picked) and the kits and squads correspond to the 2003/04 season. This also depended heavily on the availability of the players at my disposal, there are some notorious misses and in the cases I didn't have enough players for a 23-man squad I selected some that were at the clubs during the 2002/03 or 2004/05 seasons.

The teams I created are Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona, Deportivo La Coruña, Inter, Juventus, Roma and Ajax.

I'll upload the files as well as some screenshots shortly.

Last edited:
I've just uploaded screenshots in the post above but since the forum limits the amount to just 10 I just uploaded the kits, so here are the squads of each team. Note that there are some glaring omissions (most notably Roy Keane at Man United) which are due to those players not being in game, and that these squads may contain some players who featured during the 02/03 and 04/05 seasons, which I needed to complete the 23-man slots:

Arsenal:
fkarsenal2.jpg

Chelsea:
fkchelsea2.jpg

Liverpool:
fkliverpool2.jpg

Manchester United:
fkmanchester2.jpg

Barcelona:
fkbarcelona2.jpg

Deportivo:
fkdeportivo2.jpg

Inter:
fkinter2.jpg

Juventus:
fkjuventus2.jpg

Roma:
fkroma2.jpg

Ajax:
fkajax2.jpg

Hi, I've created two extra teams - Lazio and Bayern! On this occasion I had a full squad of outfield players but had to create some goalkeepers, namely Angelo Peruzzi, Matteo Sereni and Michael Rensing, as I could just follow a pattern with them as opposed to any other position. Here are the links together with some screenshots!

fklazio1.jpg
fklazio2.jpg
fklazio3.jpg
fklazio4.jpg
Lazio PSU
Lazio XPS

fkbayern1.jpg
fkbayern2.jpg
fkbayern3.jpg
fkbayern4.jpg
Bayern PSU
Bayern XPS