GRID 2 (PC,PS3.360)

I'm talking about the console versions though Dags. Perhaps I should have made that clear. I played Shift 2 on the 360 when it first came out and the issues never got repaired. PC users were a bit luckier.

Ah right, with you being on PC a lot these days, I just assumed :)

With regards to Grid 2, I had a quick go on my lunch and it's quite decent. Graphics look nice, running on ultra on my GTX 680 gets me 70-80fps with no hiccups.

Does it have a cockpit-perspective? And does it have 2 player-splitscreen (preferrably vertical)?

I could do without the first although it would be really sad, but without the latter it would be practically useless. Being able to play against friends in local multiplayer is imho a must for a racing-game and the most fun to be had.

Does it have a cockpit-perspective? And does it have 2 player-splitscreen (preferrably vertical)?

I could do without the first although it would be really sad, but without the latter it would be practically useless. Being able to play against friends in local multiplayer is imho a must for a racing-game and the most fun to be had.

no cockpit view camera :FAIL:

grid from 2008 had it, but grid from 2013 no.

This game looks diabolical.

To be fair though, jonney, this game was never aimed at the likes of you and I. We like our simulations first and foremost. That's not being snobby as we all like different things. In fact, I play my fair share of arcade street racers, Hot Pursuit and Midnight Club LA being two of my favourites. It's the games that sit halfway between simulation and arcade that I always struggle to like and this game looks to be one of those from reading early impressions.

To be fair though, jonney, this game was never aimed at the likes of you and I. We like our simulations first and foremost. That's not being snobby as we all like different things. In fact, I play my fair share of arcade street racers, Hot Pursuit and Midnight Club LA being two of my favourites. It's the games that sit halfway between simulation and arcade that I always struggle to like and this game looks to be one of those from reading early impressions.

I prefer GT and forza for my arcade/sim type racing game. These games are just too stupid for me.

Anyone know if the possibility to have a partner still present in this one?

I dont like realistic racing games. I also dont want to run in circles for too long, 2 to 4 laps is more than enough for me. Thats why I loved Grid and Horizon.

I am also not a fan of cockpit views. Why choose it if I cant have a look at my beautiful customized car :).

Anyone know if the possibility to have a partner still present in this one?

I dont like realistic racing games. I also dont want to run in circles for too long, 2 to 4 laps is more than enough for me. Thats why I loved Grid and Horizon.

I am also not a fan of cockpit views. Why choose it if I cant have a look at my beautiful customized car :).

+1

The only situation i am using cockpit view is in flight simulator x :SMUG:

i cannot forgive lack of cockpit view.

one of the reasons i liked this game in the first place.

Same here - I don't play racers from behind the car, or on the bonnet. Maybe the PC modders will be able to do something, but that doesn't help if you're on console of course. Strange thing to remove cockpit view - I mean, it's just another camera angle that happens to be in the actual car, that's all; why remove it? Options are good, Codies - that way everyone can have what they want.

You've lost at least two sales for this by the looks of it. The DiRT games were a similar mix of arcade and realistic handling, yet they had the cockpit view.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, they said on their site that it's just a start of editing cockpit view.

we can expect it to be much better and more polished in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom