PES4 Tournament, GLASGOW, August 20th

ClassicD

Galáctico
11 November 2001
Glasgow
Celtic
CaliforniaLan are running their first annual summer games tournament at the Stuart Hotel in East Kilbride, Glasgow on the 20th of August. Among the games being played is Pro Evolution Soccer 4 on the XBox, so if anyone is interested in going then pre-book your spot on their website, here. There are only 64 PES4 tournament slots available so it's advised to register online beforehand, rather than turn up on the day and take your chances.

There is over £1500 in prizes to be won, entry for the day (10am-12am) is £10 . Other games include Halo 2, Star Wars Episode 3 and Donkey Kong. Personally I'm only going for Pro Evo, despite the fact I've not touched it since the end of March and even then it was on the PS2! People are also able to bring along their own machines/TV setups to play throughout the day, I'm planning on bringing my PS2 and Winning Eleven 9 (Japanese version of PES5), for folk to have a go of.

Anyway, hope to see some of you there.

Last edited:
Good luck ClassicD...
And typically nic of you to bring WE9 along so that others can experience it...tough luck that i live nowhere near Glasgow otherwise i would have liked to play a game against you (an Old Firm where i would play with Celtic???)

Haha cheers Gerd, but there is no chance of me winning it as I've played 2 versions since PES4, not to mention it's on the XBox whereas I'm used to the PS2 version. It'll just be nice to have a go and meet other folk who love the game, maybe even arrange a future WE tourney or something.

I could bring my PS2 and my patched version of WE9(which I'm supposedly getting today or tomorrow)....They should have a tourny for PS2 PES4 instead of XBOX..

Hope you do well mate, as you know I'll be plastered somewhere, lying in some gutter after the OF game that day.

Good luck anyway and I'm sure before not too long I'll be able to go head-to-head (in gaming terms!! before some dirty bassa makes a wise crack) with him.

FD

Yep CW that's the one, thanks for the link.

Will be going no matter what the OF score is Frank but I'd rather be goin happy ;).

Aye it was a laugh, got beat early doors but that was expected. There were no more than 16 folk there for the PES tourney I think, the eventual winner told me he'd only played 4 games in total. Most folk seemed to be there for Halo 2 and weren't too bothered about anything else. Best part of the night was spent playing multiplayer WE9, which was good craic.

Only played you at PES4 twice Franky boy, I believe the first game was 5-0 and the second a bit closer.

'2 and Counting'.

Jeez I feel like an Orc after that last sentence (better not call them huns, I'll be a bigot then eh?).

here, I beat you, remember the old 'My mum was handing me tea' fiasco.

I do remember a gubbing in the 1st game though.

FD

Aye, she bloody was tho! And I'm sure that was you just scoring a goal, I won the game anyway :mrgreen:!

Actually now that I think of it, it was actually that WE2002 thing. I only played those 2 games on-line for PES4.

FD

Back
Top Bottom