Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

Had a great Euros with my VP with England, the final was epic against Spain, my vp made it 2-1 and then Spain scored in the last 5 mins. I dominated extra time (although they subbed me around the 60th minute even though I scored both goals). We just missed out on Pens and Spain won, but it was a great game.

Annoying things for me are that always when there are two internationals, they never let me play the first but always the second and nearly every time I get called up for an international it talks of how I am making my debut?! Which is shit.

Another thing that annoys me is that I always get subbed (95% of the time) no matter how good I play.....very annoying!

EDIT: Little update on my VP career.

I spent a season and a half at PSG and last season won the League fighting with Lyon all of the way, we ended up on exactly the same points, buy my goal difference was a bit better to win the league (Although in my accomplishments it hasn't given me the XP for that?!) and I won the Champs league against Real Madrid....just! My VP wasn't playing so well and got subbed in the 75min I think and Ibrahimovic came on and scored in the 87th min to win it. It was another great game.

I am still waiting for Arsenal to come in for me, but I'm not sure it is going to happen :(( So I wanted to play in Italy and went for Roma who put in an offer in the last 3hours of the transfer day.

Just started and playing well with a few goals, although finding it really hard in the Euro League with them.

So far my career;

Barnet Won division 2 and Paint Trophy (1 season)
Bilbao Won two domestic cups, came 3rd in the league (1 1/2 seasons)
PSG Won the league, one domestic cup and the Champs league (1 1/2 seasons)
Roma?

I have been top goalscorer in all of my full seasons, but usually by no more than a couple of goals, usually end up scoring around 20-25 goals a season in the leagues (Except Barnet where I scored 35 I think it was?)

Really enjoying it and Roma looks like it will be a bit of a test.

My VP is on 79 overall and it looks like it is going to take a while to get him over the 80! I need to work on my assists and crossing to build him up.

Last edited:
Im doing a liverpool career mode and have a great team (Neymar 92,Bale 91, Hazard 92, Muriel 90, Joe Hart 90, Gotze 89 and many others)and also a pretty decent bench. i have nathan dyer on my bench and was wondering who i should replace him with because he wants to leave. also want to replace jordan henderson (absoloute trash)and hes worth about $10 - 12 million NOT POUNDS .
please reply if you have any ideas for people to replace them with. also take in to consideration im in march 2016 so players that are young at the start of career mode are a bit older now. any ideas will be great. fanks:BRMM

Nice update Bobby.

It's been interesting seeing your career progress as your VP. Keep us updated.

Annoying things for me are that always when there are two internationals, they never let me play the first but always the second and nearly every time I get called up for an international it talks of how I am making my debut?! Which is shit.

THANK YOU!

This is has been driving me up the freakin wall with my VP! Every single time there is an international double header I only EVER get to play in one of them despite being rated at 81 and playing for SCOTLAND! Even if I scored 4 in the previous game and got man of the match! Jamie Murphy (yeah, I know) replaces me for the other game every single time! I dont even get a slot on the bench! I'm 22 and playing regularly for Man Utd FFS!

I've tried reloading it but, while the excuses for me being dropped change, the game seems to be programmed to never allow you to play both games. Despite this, I've managed to get Scotland qualified for the next Euro Championships but now I'm wondering what will happen once I get there. Will I only play 50% of the matches or what? If so what is the point?

Anyone else experienced this?

I decided to start a career mode with Leicester City. So far i have won all of my friendlies. John Vardy just keeps scoring ! here is my squad:
GK Kasper Schmicheal 74
RB Ritchie De leat
CB St ledger 69
CB Whitebread 70
LB Cant spell his name hes from Belgium his overall is 72 bought him for 1.5 million.
RM Shawn Wright Phillips 72 (Bought him for 1.7 million.)
CM Andy King 69
CM Bittencourt 68 (on loan)
LM Raheem Sterling 69 (on loan)
CF Knoackart 72
ST John Vardy 68

This is my starting 11 in my Man United Career mode.
GK De Gea 86
RB Abate 83
CB Nemanja Vidic 86
CB Mat Hummels 86
LB Jordi Alba 83
CDM Fellaini 85
RM Nani 88
LM Ayew 85
CAM Wayne Rooney 91
ST Robert Lewandowski 88
ST RVP 88

Well just about to start my 3rd season with man city for the first time ever iv just won every cup for the first time everyone might think its easy with man city not with for me and im only playing on professonal won the world cup as well with england beat spain on pens so iv got 120,000,000 to spend any good young players you can recommend.

I'm new to this discussion and I'm about to start a new career with my favourite team, Arsenal. Any recommendations on who I should splash the cash on? I use pounds, as I am English. Arsenal only have a tight budget though. So, any recommendations? :))

search

Arsenal career mode
Season 1 Update 1
Professional difficulty
Latest updates downloaded

I start my career with Arsenal looking at the season calendar. No tough friendlies, easy as pie! Starting to get some ideas who to bring in this transfer window and who to offload. I'm going to go for a young sort of Arsenal team, getting rid of all the oldies.

TARGETS:

Wilfried Bony (Striker) Has some potential.
Mattia De Sciglio (Right Full-Back)
Mamadou Sakho (Centre Back)

TRANSFER / LOAN LISTED:

Tomas Rosicky (Transfer)
Andrei Arshavin (Transfer)
Sebastian Scuillaci (Transfer)
Per Mertesacker (Transfer)
Francis Coquekin (Loan)
Carl Jenkinson (Loan)

Last edited:
I am doing a player career with a created player for Brescia. I am into my third season. Won Serie B, reached Coppa Italia final, finished 7th in Serie A last season, was semi finalist of Europa League. Also, won the World cup with Italy. I want a transfer a top Italian club(in other words AC Milan). At the end of last season I transfer listed myself (which my manager agreed after 5-6 attempts) But not a single club has bid for me though I am transfer listed.

I would sign with any big club now. Summer and Jan windows passed by with no offers.

Is there a way that I can invite bids? Any idea guys?

No way to invite bids, for the next one I hope they have at least a rudimentary 'Agent' for your VP so they can go to other teams and tell them of your availability.

My VP career I am hoping one day Arsenal come in for me, but it is a drop in the Ocean, if I could let clubs know of my interest in joining them it would be good.

They need to do it properly so you can't just go to a club and they automatically want you, otherwise it would be too easy, but the option would be good.

Mine didn't acivate in my CM unless I
A) bought it while on the game mode select screen (the on with Ultimate Team, Career etc) and then loaded my save or started a new career

Or

B) Bought it in career mode, Quit out and then re-loaded from there.

Otherwise no problems really.

Thanks I'll try option A shortly, near the January transfer window so I'll go for the second takeover unlock.

When the transfer window update is out and I start my proper Wednesday CM I plan to unlock the international management option so I can manage Sweden from day one (and not 5 years later when the best players are crap) so wondered if anyone had had problems unlocking that feature?

My last game of my second season was the Champions League Final !
FC Bayern 2-3 Man United
YES ! I have won the champions league 2 seasons in a row. After losing 2-0 in the first half my team worked hard to make a comeback with a goal from RVP and two goals from the super sub Insigne. Insigne plays almost like Messi ! Im also the manager of England in my career.

New to the forum. One thing i want to ask is. Whats up with the Championship? No playoffs in my game for some reason despite finishing 3rd.

Yep I believe the Operation Sports spreadsheet is the one everyone is using, there used to be a couple of websites from fifa11? That displayed stuff visually but they seem to have died a death sadly.
is there any chance you could post the link to the spreadsheet? I cant seem to find it.

I am back again after a short while out. I still play FIFA 13 on ps3 but have now bought it for my 360 so I am starting from scratch.
Still playing career manager on ps3 but rarely(Started one with stoke)
Again I have started 2 career modes, One manager and One Player

I am Liverpool Manager again but will get to that later.

Firstly I want to update on my New player career with Liverpool.
Again I shined thru pre season, Scoring 2 goals in each of the 3 friendlies(6 goals) more then suarez, nevertheless I am to be loaned out.

Offers came from Northampton Town(twice??) Oldham Athletic and Bradford City.
I thought I would take a stab at League 2 action as my previous ps3 journey saw me loaned to Charlton of the Championship(then back to lfc then Bayern now Barca)

Results -
C1C - Derby 0-8 Bradford(scored 5)
L2 - Oxford 0-6 Bradford(scored 1)
L2 - Bradford 9-0 Barnet(scored 5) weird seeing edgar davids there lol
L2 - Plymouth 0-4 Bradford(scored 4)
JPT - Bradford 2-0 Crawley(rested)

I am on 10 goals for the league season and 3 assists
Manager wants me to score 23 goals(weird no) and 7 assists
my projected on both is 115 goals and 34 assists(Ive never scored that many goals in a season on fifa so doubt id get it)

Liverpool Manager Progress
Started the season and even tho when i chose liverpool sturridge was included he wasnt when i started dont get why. anyway.

Transfers -
Sturridge from Chelsea - £7,000,000
Varane from Real Madrid - Loan
Wilson to Ipswich Town - Loan
Cole to Dortmund - £4,400,000

Results(done more so far then player)
Pre
V Dortmund 6-0 W
V Genoa 7-0 W
V Bordeaux 7-0 W
Season
V WBA 7-0 W
V Arsenal 10-0 W pmsl
V Man City 5-0 W
V Sunderland 3-0 W
V Cardiff(C1C) 5-0 W
V Man U 4-3 W
V Norwich 4-0 W
V Stoke 7-0 W
V Wigan 5-1 W

Fixtures till next transfer window -
Home v Reading
Away v Doncaster C1C
Away v Everton
Away v Chelsea
Home v Newcastle
Away v Swansea
Away v Spurs
Home v Soton
Away v WHU
Home v Villa
Home v Fulham
Away v Stoke
Away v QPR

Stylez I'm glad your enjoying your games, but really you need to up your difficulty or something, because your results are just ridiculous.

I for one have no interest in reading about you smashing teams left right and center and winning all of your games.

imo you should make it a bit harder for yourself? it must get boring beating everybody by so much all of the time?

I hope you are not offended by what I say and if you want to keep posting your results do so if it makes you happy, but I doubt anybody except yourself will be bothered with what you are writing, so it might be a waste of your time?

Make it a challenge and then I for one would be very interested to see how your season progresses :))

Stylez I'm glad your enjoying your games, but really you need to up your difficulty or something, because your results are just ridiculous.

I for one have no interest in reading about you smashing teams left right and center and winning all of your games.

imo you should make it a bit harder for yourself? it must get boring beating everybody by so much all of the time?

I hope you are not offended by what I say and if you want to keep posting your results do so if it makes you happy, but I doubt anybody except yourself will be bothered with what you are writing, so it might be a waste of your time?

Make it a challenge and then I for one would be very interested to see how your season progresses :))

I don't take offence to that but I upped myself from semi pro to pro on ps3 and now on world class on 360. if me doing that on world class is not good enough then i honestly won't waste my time showing the "experts" on here. I am only a casual fifa player and play probably about another 6 or 7 games around the same time.
Thank you for you message. I thought i was doing well for myself but guess not :)

You don't take offence but then your reply clearly shows you did...

I agree with Bobby your results clearly show the game is too easy for you, try legendary all manual :)

You don't take offence but then your reply clearly shows you did...

I agree with Bobby your results clearly show the game is too easy for you, try legendary all manual :)

I did not take offence to his comments thats just how it might come across.

Just so I understand though this is a 'FIFA 13:Career Mode Discussion' Thread right?

Its to discuss not to be dictated to what difficulty you should be using.

I was going to ask opinions on future CAM & LB/RB positions to look out for in the Jan window but I get the feeling nobody will offer any cos they find me getting those results too "easy"

One question i do have and that is how many mins per half do you lot do?? On ps3 i go between 4-6 mins to get more in but Ive upped it to 20 mins per half to try harder. ALL goals I have scored have been scrappy lucky goals. NONE have been perfect world beaters!

I have honestly found this site useful for tips with the game but not really nice putting harmless results and progress up for ppl to slate me.

Does that sound fair to you?

I do intend on continuing both on this forum and yeh i dont do what it seems everybody does by fiddling with the sliders etc and play the hardest ever difficulty. Seriously after all its a game lol

No offence taken by me and none meant to anyone else either.

:)

I did not take offence to his comments thats just how it might come across.

Just so I understand though this is a 'FIFA 13:Career Mode Discussion' Thread right?

Its to discuss not to be dictated to what difficulty you should be using.

I was going to ask opinions on future CAM & LB/RB positions to look out for in the Jan window but I get the feeling nobody will offer any cos they find me getting those results too "easy"

One question i do have and that is how many mins per half do you lot do?? On ps3 i go between 4-6 mins to get more in but Ive upped it to 20 mins per half to try harder. ALL goals I have scored have been scrappy lucky goals. NONE have been perfect world beaters!

I have honestly found this site useful for tips with the game but not really nice putting harmless results and progress up for ppl to slate me.

Does that sound fair to you?

I do intend on continuing both on this forum and yeh i dont do what it seems everybody does by fiddling with the sliders etc and play the hardest ever difficulty. Seriously after all its a game lol

No offence taken by me and none meant to anyone else either.

:)

Nobody is slating you, its just been said that your results are heavily one sided.. Maybe the fact you're playing 20 minute games is why your results are so unrealistic, I'd suggest moving it down to 6 minutes (if you play assisted controls) or 10 minutes (if manual). I you're still winning by 2 or 3 every game without conceding then boost the difficulty again, what you're achieving is good. No one is questioning that, but the test is improving to win at harder difficulty not in improving your scores on the lower difficulties.

Also for CAMs look at Adryan of Brazil, incredible passing and shooting and quick enough to cause problems. Also Lucas Piazon is a LW but can play CAM but he's incredible and a better finisher than Adryan.

Nobody is slating you, its just been said that your results are heavily one sided.. Maybe the fact you're playing 20 minute games is why your results are so unrealistic, I'd suggest moving it down to 6 minutes (if you play assisted controls) or 10 minutes (if manual). I you're still winning by 2 or 3 every game without conceding then boost the difficulty again, what you're achieving is good. No one is questioning that, but the test is improving to win at harder difficulty not in improving your scores on the lower difficulties.

Also for CAMs look at Adryan of Brazil, incredible passing and shooting and quick enough to cause problems. Also Lucas Piazon is a LW but can play CAM but he's incredible and a better finisher than Adryan.

ok fair enough.

I'll try that.

Ive just managed to overwrite my manager career with my player one so i will have to start it from scratch again. :(

Found Piazon!! He's a 18yo LM for malaga yeah?

Scratch that cant get him as his on a fresh loan from chelsea!! :(

Last edited:
Ok, Started new career
8 min p/h World Class
Lets see how i do this time.

No matches yet although so transfer business to get me started
Used the Financial takeover so I have a nice wad to get started.

Decided i would send few younger rarely played players eg:Ngoo, flanagan etc

Took taylor_94's cam advice. Piazon was unobtainable but Adryan was quite cheap £4.9mil on 9000 wages.

Loaned out Ngoo to Ipswich
Sold Coates to sunderland for £3mill

Back
Top Bottom