Go Back   Evo-Web > Games Discussion > Pro Evolution Soccer - Xbox 360, PS3

Welcome to Evo-Web.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view our games related discussions.

By joining our free community you will have access to all of our forums, be able to post, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.

This message and in-post advertising will also be removed when you are registered and signed in.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 April 12, 02:32   #361
tc811
Resident Evo-Web Retard
 
tc811's Avatar
 
PSN ID: gooner_Marvolo
 
Team: Arsenal FC
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United States
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Yeah, but you can't possibly rule out the scripting on the Ramires goal. I mean, come on. A chip shot from outside the box? The CPU must have activated some stat boosting or something...
__________________
"Intelligence and class. Class is of course, most of the time linked to what you can do with the ball, but the intelligence makes you use the technique in an efficient way. What he (Bergkamp) does, there's always a head and always a brain. And his technique allows him to do what he sees, and what he decides to do." - Wenger
tc811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 03:29   #362
Lami
Moderator
Community Manager
 
Lami's Avatar
 
Gamertag: Lami Alquilani
PSN ID: LamiPS
 
Team: Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of the sheiks
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......



On topic lads. We have the Chelsea, Barca, and CL threads for a reason
__________________
PES 2014 News Only Thread
Lami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 04:02   #363
embraceuk1
International
 
embraceuk1's Avatar
 
Gamertag: Embraceuk
PSN ID: embraceuk
 
Team: Nottingham Forest
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indiana USA (Scottish)
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lami View Post
Anyone else impressed with the chants/crowd bit? Part where it says fans reacting to what's happening on the pitch. That's frigging cool!
SWOS had that in 1996
__________________
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day
embraceuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 04:12   #364
Blanco
Championship
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Belgium
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Goalkeepers:
Even the game’s ‘keepers benefit from more control, while their distribution is more precise thanks to the addition of a power gauge when they throw the ball, creating opportunities for new, quicker counter attacks.
I find this interesting...
Precise flat goalkicks or throwins to the midfielders to start a quick counter are very common these days.
I hope they include a similar system for quick regular throw-ins too.

Quote:
Total Freedom of Control:
Pro Evolution Soccer introduced the concept of freedom of movement, the new ‘PES FC’ in PES 2013 goes further with total freedom over ball control.
This is something we hear every year...
I hope this time it's true and without supercancel.

Quote:
Full Manual One-Two:
Active one-two passes can be made, with the second player being moved in any direction), facilitating various tactical movements
Sounds interesting, i wonder how this will work. I always found that one-twopassing was very automatic and scripted.

Quote:
Response Defending:
Countering the attacking options the new dribbling system offers, is a beautifully-balanced defence system. Players can use R2 and X to slow an attack, with a double-tap of the X button prompting a perfectly-timed challenge. Full 360-degree control means that players can check runs and steal the ball from a parallel position, while the individuality element will see world renowned defenders using aerial dominance of physicality to win the ball.
That's relabelling old wine in new bottles.
In general that's just remapping the tackle system.
Double tap X to tackle, I don't know that's a good idea.
If a normal conservative tackle is double tap X too, I don't think it is. When you are in defence mode you will tackle, but when you are in attacking mode a double X tap will be a pass.
That's why I don't use X in PES, sometimes you run to a loose ball, holding X and suddenly the power gauge shows up. So the game decides you are not in defence mode and when you reach the ball you will give a overpowered pass. See what I mean?
__________________
PES2012 V1.03 | PESEDIT PATCH 3.2 | NESA24 (YAIR/METHAB) PUREFOOTBALL GAMEPATCH + GFX-HQ.exe | 15 minutes matchtime | Top player difficulty | 0 Ingame speed | Passing support 0 | Full manual passing | Cheiron goalnets

BEST FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE WITH PES2012

Last edited by Blanco; 25 April 12 at 04:17.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 04:34   #365
Lami
Moderator
Community Manager
 
Lami's Avatar
 
Gamertag: Lami Alquilani
PSN ID: LamiPS
 
Team: Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of the sheiks
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by embraceuk1 View Post
SWOS had that in 1996
And other football games of that era too. But to have something dynamic according to what's happening on the pitch finally in PES, is friggin' cool!

EDIT: But hey, I hope it is true and done right.
__________________
PES 2014 News Only Thread

Last edited by Lami; 25 April 12 at 05:05.
Lami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 06:24   #366
LonsFenomenoo
AMIGA HARDCORE FAN!
 
LonsFenomenoo's Avatar
 
PSN ID: Lons_Pl
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Warsaw and Danzig POLAND
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakis View Post
Konami is stupid. They have lost the train for years and now they are trying to copy FIFA with all these features that are already in fifa long time ago...

Pitty for Seabass...

Lets hope for a good result though...
Noooooo. If you feel more deeper you will see that FIFA copy Pes but they can't touch magic/soul from Pro Evo. KONAMI copy FIFA's PR and game present. Pes feel different, look different, play different, look for football different and a lot of of more.......Maybe features are similar because it's football but application into the gameplay in each game can feel dramatically different.
__________________
I didn't know how big potencial has Konami with Pes 2014 until i played Fifa 14 on my PS4.

Havok Engine in Pes 2014 > Iginte Engine in Fifa 14 on PS4
LonsFenomenoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 08:22   #367
Vieirinha
League 2
 
Vieirinha's Avatar
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlac View Post
Makes me wonder ... if that represents ingame quality gfx, how will PS3 cope with it?
My new 7770 will cope just fine...
Vieirinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 10:18   #368
Enlil
League 2
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

This year pes will be released earlier then fifa.
Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 10:20   #369
geeg
Conference
 
PSN ID: geeg32
 
Team: RC Deportivo
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: A Corunha
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrys hand View Post
R2 is old news but this using the momentum of a strong pass to past a defender, how you you do that?

Supercancel (again)
geeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 10:27   #370
Enlil
League 2
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I just realized why most animations in pes are so weird. i was watching barca chelsea last night and saw Torres running and it was as if i was playing pes 2009 and 2010. they must have been using his animations for the last 4 years.
Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 10:33   #371
Ameppe
SSC Napoli
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

maybe while the hold up play is still the same: R2+x what is changed is the button to press to make your defender tackle during hold up
in pes 2012 to tackle you have to release R2 to tackle, while in pes 2013 it should be R2+x then x again to tackle
it's much more user friendly to me
Ameppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 10:52   #372
Blanco
Championship
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Belgium
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

they said double tap X

Quote:
Players can use R2 and X to slow an attack, with a double-tap of the X button prompting a perfectly-timed challenge.
__________________
PES2012 V1.03 | PESEDIT PATCH 3.2 | NESA24 (YAIR/METHAB) PUREFOOTBALL GAMEPATCH + GFX-HQ.exe | 15 minutes matchtime | Top player difficulty | 0 Ingame speed | Passing support 0 | Full manual passing | Cheiron goalnets

BEST FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE WITH PES2012
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 11:06   #373
Arthur Young
Banned
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Remember bad products only survive because customers allow them too.
Arthur Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 11:30   #374
we7god
Kreisklassen-Profi
 
we7god's Avatar
 
PSN ID: rawkus0815
 
Team: FC Schalke 04
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Germany - Soester Brde
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiodead View Post
The old PES games were good...10 years ago
And those are still good !!!
__________________
This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name!
we7god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 11:59   #375
henrys hand
Premiership
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Young View Post
Remember bad products only survive because customers allow them too.
Unfortunately there are only two football-games so it's either Fifa, that gets the game-production-aspects right, but gets the football-aspects wrong or PES that gets the gameproduction-aspects wrong but gets the football-aspects right.

It's really 50-50, I prefer the latter and just try to ignore or circumvent the bad game-mechanics and problems as much as possible and hope the next version will finally get better game-production.

If Fifa 13 though should massively improve the football-aspects, ie. introduce proper footplanting, a realistic inertia/momentum-model and better tactics, more realistic pressure-organization and better AI, I'm right there to buy on day 1.

But I think it's easier for Konami to wise up on gameproduction than for EA to get to grips with football-aspects.
henrys hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 12:40   #376
Flaw3d Genius
Banned
 
Gamertag: Flaw3d Genius
PSN ID: Jiehaaaa23
 
Team: The Rangers
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrys hand View Post
Unfortunately there are only two football-games so it's either Fifa, that gets the game-production-aspects right, but gets the football-aspects wrong or PES that gets the gameproduction-aspects wrong but gets the football-aspects right.

It's really 50-50, I prefer the latter and just try to ignore or circumvent the bad game-mechanics and problems as much as possible and hope the next version will finally get better game-production.

If Fifa 13 though should massively improve the football-aspects, ie. introduce proper footplanting, a realistic inertia/momentum-model and better tactics, more realistic pressure-organization and better AI, I'm right there to buy on day 1.

But I think it's easier for Konami to wise up on gameproduction than for EA to get to grips with football-aspects.
I think your right although noises from Suff (the level headed one at WENB) and the FSB guys is Fifa 13 is going to be special in the gameplay department, Hopefully 2 amazing football games this year.
Flaw3d Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 13:17   #377
Shikashi
League 1
 
Shikashi's Avatar
 
 
Team: Benfica
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
PES 2013: Player Individuality:
The very best players in PES 2013 will be instantly recognisable via incredible likeness and signature attributes, skills and tricks that bring them to life. The way they run, turn, trap and move the ball, shape to shoot and even celebrate will be noticeably different during play.
lol, this can't be real. Too good.
Shikashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 13:32   #378
romagnoli
Misses Retri
 
romagnoli's Avatar
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
I think your right although noises from Suff (the level headed one at WENB) and the FSB guys is Fifa 13 is going to be special in the gameplay department, Hopefully 2 amazing football games this year.
Fingers crossed. But (as with PES) it's one thing to have a list of cool changes - it's how well they execute them, and with how much depth, that matters. I'm naturally more sceptical about EA because they tend to only change what they say they will, which leads to imbalances or only half-getting what people were complaining about in the first place. Plus they've got a hell of a lot more work to do if they're going to recreate the modern passing game, or the sense of a team working together.

With PES (accepting that it's not going to win the animations or presentation war any time soon) it's pretty much balance and freedom that they need to sort out, with some aesthetic changes, but you know that Konami will make some changes they haven't listed too - some will probably be for the worse, but usually quite a number are for the better, and are little touches that didn't need to be made.
romagnoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 14:13   #379
Flaw3d Genius
Banned
 
Gamertag: Flaw3d Genius
PSN ID: Jiehaaaa23
 
Team: The Rangers
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by romagnoli View Post
Fingers crossed. But (as with PES) it's one thing to have a list of cool changes - it's how well they execute them, and with how much depth, that matters. I'm naturally more sceptical about EA because they tend to only change what they say they will, which leads to imbalances or only half-getting what people were complaining about in the first place. Plus they've got a hell of a lot more work to do if they're going to recreate the modern passing game, or the sense of a team working together.

With PES (accepting that it's not going to win the animations or presentation war any time soon) it's pretty much balance and freedom that they need to sort out, with some aesthetic changes, but you know that Konami will make some changes they haven't listed too - some will probably be for the worse, but usually quite a number are for the better, and are little touches that didn't need to be made.
I think Fifa would dramatically change for the good if they focussed mostly on the AI, right now the game is very playable but lack of any sort of realistic AI spoils it for me.

If Konami make all the changes they are promising the game is going to be incredible, I just hope their "Talk is cheap" line doesnt come back to haunt them.
Flaw3d Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 14:55   #380
henrys hand
Premiership
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Konami's PR issued a lot of buzznames to get us excited describing old and new features, but unfortunately two buzzwords weren't mentioned:

Realtime stamina/fatigue-system

and

Genuine challenge - No cheating!
henrys hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 16:40   #381
kouroux
I have no imagination
 
kouroux's Avatar
 
 
Team: Manchester United
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Djibouti
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Still no sign of long ankle tapes
kouroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 16:55   #382
zeemeister
PES PR ORIFICE
 
zeemeister's Avatar
 
PSN ID: zeemeister1
 
Team: Albiceleste/Blaugrana
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Or short veron style socks
__________________

☺ ☺
☺CAMPIONS☺
BARCELONA 2012-2013
zeemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 17:26   #383
DuduBR9
Premiership
 
DuduBR9's Avatar
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeemeister View Post
Or short veron style socks
pre-order cancelled then.
__________________
Pes 2014

I'm from Brazil, english is not my first language, so sorry if I spell anything wrong or if my post doesn't make sense.
DuduBR9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 17:34   #384
kouroux
I have no imagination
 
kouroux's Avatar
 
 
Team: Manchester United
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Djibouti
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeemeister View Post
Or short veron style socks
Ronaldo is the cover star, Ronaldo in real life wears long ankle tape, so I don't know why Konami are preventing us from having that aspect that'll get us closer to reality
kouroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 18:16   #385
curdstar
League 1
 
 
Team: Celtic, Barcelona
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
I think Fifa would dramatically change for the good if they focussed mostly on the AI, right now the game is very playable but lack of any sort of realistic AI spoils it for me.

If Konami make all the changes they are promising the game is going to be incredible, I just hope their "Talk is cheap" line doesnt come back to haunt them.
You put too much stock in what is fairly deliberate and unapologetic hype-talk, that when all is said and done is ultimately throwaway. You always call it out and suggest that you despise it, yet the irony here is that you hang on to these ''PR guy''-like words; giving them more attention and value than they are really worth. You take it too literally when I thought it was patently obvious ''talk is cheap'' was just some hype-text strewn across part of a ''moody'' teaser.

I'm not having a go here, I just think you should filter it out more than you currently do. I mean, remember the game This is Football? I'm pretty sure you didn't complain that it proved to not be real, actual football after all. When Halo 3 was released with the tagline ''Heroes never die'' did you write a letter to Microsoft and Bungie informing them that heroes do in actual fact die, offering numerous examples for their consideration?

Filter it out, Flawed. You will make your own mind up when you play the game. Just enjoy or take with a pinch of salt everything else in the meantime.
curdstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 18:57   #386
Flaw3d Genius
Banned
 
Gamertag: Flaw3d Genius
PSN ID: Jiehaaaa23
 
Team: The Rangers
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by curdstar View Post
You put too much stock in what is fairly deliberate and unapologetic hype-talk, that when all is said and done is ultimately throwaway. You always call it out and suggest that you despise it, yet the irony here is that you hang on to these ''PR guy''-like words; giving them more attention and value than they are really worth. You take it too literally when I thought it was patently obvious ''talk is cheap'' was just some hype-text strewn across part of a ''moody'' teaser.

I'm not having a go here, I just think you should filter it out more than you currently do. I mean, remember the game This is Football? I'm pretty sure you didn't complain that it proved to not be real, actual football after all. When Halo 3 was released with the tagline ''Heroes never die'' did you write a letter to Microsoft and Bungie informing them that heroes do in actual fact die, offering numerous examples for their consideration?

Filter it out, Flawed. You will make your own mind up when you play the game. Just enjoy or take with a pinch of salt everything else in the meantime.
Talk is cheap no more excuses, Time to nail it.
Flaw3d Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 21:03   #387
Jamezinho
FIFA Troll
 
Jamezinho's Avatar
 
Steam ID: Jamezinho81
 
Team: Ipswich Town F.C.
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ipswich
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Can't take much from this trailer to be honest. But then again I don't expect anything substantial until post E3.

Is PES going to be there this year?
__________________
IPSWICH TOWN F.C. | SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX | i5 2500k@4.5GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile | GA-Z77-D3H | Gelid Tranquillo
Asus Xonar DX | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 64GB Crucial M4 | Corsair TX650M | Bitfenix Shinobi
Jamezinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 12, 06:48   #388
Captain Marvelous
The Bhoys
 
Captain Marvelous's Avatar
 
PSN ID: GokaiMarvelous
 
Team: Celtic F.C.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portugal
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
Talk is cheap no more excuses, Time to nail it.
I just hope Pes ends this generation with a very impressive game...Konami have the ability.
__________________
Celtic FC - The Greatest team ever!!!

Last edited by Captain Marvelous; 26 April 12 at 11:54.
Captain Marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 12, 09:19   #389
Ameppe
SSC Napoli
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
Talk is cheap no more excuses, Time to nail it.
Agree with flaw3d, there is no more time for talk
Konami seems to know it, but did they really understand that or it's just a sentence to impress people?

I think it's the latter one, since the press release is just all talk
Ameppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 12, 10:19   #390
henrys hand
Premiership
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameppe View Post
Agree with flaw3d, there is no more time for talk
Konami seems to know it, but did they really understand that or it's just a sentence to impress people?

I think it's the latter one, since the press release is just all talk
There is no point in guessing about it, before we play the full game for a few weeks, nothing can be said for sure, one way or the other. Not even a playable demo can tell us anything about the full game, except for what the graphics and animation will be like.
henrys hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Evo-Web > Games Discussion > Pro Evolution Soccer - Xbox 360, PS3  Reload this Page  PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS