Forza Motorsport 4

Microsoft and Turn 10 Studio’s newly-announced Forza 4 is to include support for Kinect.

The news was confirmed to IGN by an MS spokesman who said, “We showcased a Kinect-enabled project from Turn 10 Studios at E3 2010, which let players explore and experience their dream cars like never before.

“That tech demo demonstrated some of the experiences possible with Kinect and Forza.

“Forza Motorsport 4 brings together genre-defining, controller-based racing and the power and freedom of Kinect to create an automotive experience unlike anything before it.”

Forza 4 was one of many games revealed at the VGAs last night. You can catch all of our coverage from the event here.

First screens of Forza 4 from the game’s official website are below.

There was a video of this in action with Kinect, they were walking around the car and jumped inside looking at it all in alot of detail

I wonder if there plan is to bring out plastic add ons like the wii has just so your holding something while playing to make it more realistic

Like a gun for a fps games or a wheel for car games ect

I wonder if there plan is to bring out plastic add ons like the wii has just so your holding something while playing to make it more realistic

Like a gun for a fps games or a wheel for car games ect

Probably. Plastic tat sold well on the Wii.

Kinect would work well for head tracking but who on earth wants to play a serious racer like Forza with an imaginery wheel?

(edit: no force feedback for a start)

Last edited:
I can deal with no force feedback and a plastic wheel but it would feel very strange just holding your hands in front of you steering with fresh air

Maybe it would work well once your used to it, whos played that joyride thing? does that feel ok?

I can deal with no force feedback and a plastic wheel but it would feel very strange just holding your hands in front of you steering with fresh air

Maybe it would work well once your used to it, whos played that joyride thing? does that feel ok?

I can imagine your arms will start to ache after a while. At least with a wheel you have something to rest them on.

IMO physical controllers/wheels etc. will always be the best way to play video games - all these motion sensing things like Kinect, Move and the Wii are all novelty bollocks that may be fun after a few drinks...

About Forza - I never ended up buying 3, there's just something about Forza that bores me, the sense of speed just isn't there. I'll give the demo a go but won't be picking it up on release, just look at the price of Forza 3 (<£15) now, and it's not like it will really be out of date like yearly sports games would be.
Other examples include Assassins Creed 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum, which are now both £10 on Amazon, there's not much point wasting your money on buying new games these days unless it's a yearly sports franchise.

IMO physical controllers/wheels etc. will always be the best way to play video games - all these motion sensing things like Kinect, Move and the Wii are all novelty bollocks that may be fun after a few drinks...

About Forza - I never ended up buying 3, there's just something about Forza that bores me, the sense of speed just isn't there. I'll give the demo a go but won't be picking it up on release, just look at the price of Forza 3 (<£15) now, and it's not like it will really be out of date like yearly sports games would be.
Other examples include Assassins Creed 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum, which are now both £10 on Amazon, there's not much point wasting your money on buying new games these days unless it's a yearly sports franchise.

A Boxing game would be a million times better with Kinect than with a pad but other than that its just dance and fitness games that would work without peripherals imo

Unless they start mixing a pad with Kinect in FPS' and TPS' with a pad to do all it does now and the Kinect to look around

I can see them using Kinect for head tracking or something but not the steering wheel. It works well with Joyride Coopz but you don't have to worry about accelerating in that.

After playing Kinect i think it would pick up accelerating and braking fine by moving your feet backwards and forwards or side to side and i guess even the gear stick would be do-able by just moving your right or left hand hand from the imaginary wheel

I cant wait to see what they have planned for Kinect, its the best thing gaming wise i have ever seen

I think it would be quite hard at the moment - but if they can do the upgrade they are talking about (which I assume by the time FR4 comes out they will have), then they should be able to track ankle flexing, but i just cannot see it having the subtlety needed.

Developers should be looking to see how Kinect can compliment games, rather than trying to shoe-horn a game into it (like they do on the Wii).

So head and body tracking on FR4 (with the wheel/pad being used as the primary controller).

I guess its going to be a long while before we see Kinect+Controller games as that is then virtually PS Move which they will want to avoid the comparisons to.

This fall, the highest rated racing franchise of this generation returns with “Forza Motorsport 4”, the biggest racing game of the year. Starting today, fans can pre-order the game at U.S. retailers for $59.99 (US ERP). For even more incentive to pre-order, Turn 10 Studios confirmed today that fans who pre-order “Forza Motorsport 4” at participating U.S. retailers will receive a token to unlock one of the following five cars, while supplies last:

Available at Amazon.com- Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT in 2008.
Available at Best Buy- BMW 1 Series M Coupe: Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.
Available at GameStop- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde: The creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo and first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7L turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.
Available at Wal-Mart- MINI John Cooper Works Clubman: MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to include 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
Available at Target– Honda CR-Z EX: The Honda CR-Z EX is Honda’s sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16” wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals.

This same list of cars is available in other regions worldwide and more information for those regions is coming soon.

Rev up for the Limited Collector’s Edition
For “Forza” fans who crave the VIP treatment, a Limited Collector’s Edition will also be available. Stay tuned for more details on the exclusive content the Limited Collector’s Edition will offer.

Be one of the first to purchase “Forza Motorsport 4” and receive the “Ship Bonus” car pack
A limited quantity of “Forza Motorsport 4” games at retail will include an exclusive in-game car pack available at launch that boasts five incredible cars for fans to race, tune, paint and share. This car pack, limited to the first production run of “Forza Motorsport 4” game discs, will include:

Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
Koenigsegg Agera 2011: “The Agera–from the Swedish verb “to act”–celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.”
Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225hp I6-powered engine.
RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.

Prepare to hit the road in a Ferrari 458 Italia, the “Forza Motorsport 4” cover car Today Turn 10 Studios is also revealing that the cover car for the standard edition of “Forza Motorsport 4” is the Ferrari 458 Italia. The Ferrari 458 Italia is an 8-cylinder two-seater berlinetta with a mid-rear mounted engine, and represents a genuine break with the past in terms of Maranello’s previous high-performance sports cars. The Turn 10 team has worked closely with Ferrari to include every intricate detail of the Ferrari 458 Italia in the game, from its sleek aerodynamic design to its exquisitely modeled 4499 cc V8 engine, offering players the most realistic driving experience off the track.

“The Ferrari 458 Italia was a perfect fit for the ‘Forza Motorsport 4’ hero car. It has the ideal blend of style, creative flair, cutting-edge technology and power that makes it just as gorgeous to look at as it is thrilling to take to the track,” said Dan Greenawalt, creative director of Turn 10 Studios. “We’ve worked closely with our partners at Ferrari to bring this amazing car to life in your living room.”

Get a head start on the competition with “Profile Import”
For those who have invested tireless hours in “Forza Motorsport 3”, Turn 10 Studios is pleased to announce a unique “Forza Motorsport 4” feature called Profile Import, which rewards fans for their time. Based on your player level and the cars in your garage in “Forza Motorsport 3”, gift cars will be automatically added to your “Forza Motorsport 4” garage and you’ll also receive bonus gifts and credits. And for those who spent hours creating intricate layers and liveries in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Livery Editor, you will be able to import those layers, so your time isn’t lost!

xlarge_fm4_2011_subaru_imprezawrxsti_purple__preorder.jpg

xlarge_fm4_2011_bmw_1mcoupe_preorder.jpg

xlarge_fm4_2011_alfaromeo_giulietta_preorder.jpg

xlarge_fm4_2011_mini_clubman_preorder.jpg

xlarge_fm4_2011_honda_cr-z_preorder.jpg

---

forza-motorsport-4-08.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-06.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-05.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-04.jpg

Wow, that's seriously impressive. Top Gear integration too! Forza pisses all over GT from a great height.

Wowsers! That looks awesome. It's games like that that really show that a new console isn't really needed yet. There is still a lot of juice in the 360 too come.

I'm waiting to hear reviews and pricing for the new MadCatz wheel:

http://www.madcatz.com/wheel

This could be a good option for people like me who don't want to drop hundreds on an expensive (and difficult to get hold of) Fanatec.

If it's a step up from the old MS wireless wheel I will sell mine and get this.

If only I could use my trusty DFGT on the 360 though. :(

Back
Top Bottom