Microsoft Xbox 360

Played the demo and was like, meh, not worth 1200 points.

I will go play more of Shadow Complex for a side on type adventure that has better controls I think.

Anybody from the Middle East have an Xbox and buy Microsoft points? I want to buy some from the web and not from live. Is this possible?

I can only see us, uk and Europe points when I search. What do people use in other countries?

I have a UK Xbox and gamer tag and my card isn't working on live for some reason, so I need a site where I can buy points that I can use in Israel. I can't find anything by searching on the web?!

Last edited:
If you want I'll buy say 4200 EU Xbox live points from Ebay and send you the code, if it works you send me the money over paypal, if it doesn't work I'll just use them myself? It's about £28, not sure what that is in Isreali shekels ;)

If you want I'll buy say 4200 EU Xbox live points from Ebay and send you the code, if it works you send me the money over paypal, if it doesn't work I'll just use them myself? It's about £28, not sure what that is in Isreali shekels ;)

Cool that is very nice of you, I can pay in pounds

I went with a seller who does 4000 points for £27.99, there's a couple that advertise very slightly cheaper but I bought from this one last week myself so I know he sends the codes by email and I know he's reliable, do you have skype/msn by any chance? We can continue there if so :)

Guys - having a bit of noise come from the Xbox when I load up a game. Put on the PES full game and it sounds like the fan is spinning at full speed and it stays like this for a little while but then stops. No performance impact though and everything is ok. Also get that noise if I load up the FIFA demo which is on my hard drive but there's no DVD being used, obviously.

Any idea what it could be? It has the same sound as when you exit a game back to the dashboard and it's loud for a moment, but in this case, the loudness doesn't stop for over a minute.

p.s. Could it be the hard drive as I've also heard a bit of grinding/clunking? It's an Elite version (maybe 120 gig?) and the HDD is about half full.

Last edited:
Ok - I took out the disc and booted up the FIFA demo. No noise. Put in Grand Theft Auto disc and booted it up, no noise. Played that for a while and then put in the PES 2013 disc. Booted the game up and the noise was back lol. Stops after a minute or so. The game is installed to my hard drive so I'm not sure if it's that disc or what. No other problems after the initial noise.

Your 360 is probably rebelling because of the game you're trying to make it play ;)

Perhaps try uninstalling PES, doing the clear cache thingy then reinstalling, probably won't help but can't hurt!

Maybe there's a slight scratch/problem with the disc? Even though games install to the xbox HDD, the console still has to verify that the correct retail disc is actually in the machine before it runs it.

Thanks Tim - I'll neeed to check it. Hopefully not, since it's only 2 weeks old. If there was a problem though, I think games come with a 3 month warranty from defect don't they?

Ours did that just before Christmas last year, and had to send it back to Microsoft.
Once they received it they sent out a new one, but took a deposit. That way if the original one wasn't defective they'd charge you for a new Kinect (bit crap, but luckily mine was knackered). Once they tested it & found it was broken they refunded it.

This was the link I used, in case you need it: https://myservice.xbox.com/en-gb/Pages/Welcome.aspx

Ours did that just before Christmas last year, and had to send it back to Microsoft.
Once they received it they sent out a new one, but took a deposit. That way if the original one wasn't defective they'd charge you for a new Kinect (bit crap, but luckily mine was knackered). Once they tested it & found it was broken they refunded it.

This was the link I used, in case you need it: https://myservice.xbox.com/en-gb/Pages/Welcome.aspx

Thanks, can't see a kinect option tho.

Back
Top Bottom