Command & Conquer: Generals 2

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
I was one of the few who loved the original Generals.

Built using the new Frostbite 2 engine and is a PC exclusive.

Generals 2 takes place ten years after the events in Generals. At the beginning the world is actually at peace. There's a huge conference where a landmark peace treaty is about to be signed. But moments before that happens, a terrorist attack takes away all of the leaders in attendance. The only leaders who are left are the generals and that's where you come in. There are three factions in the game, the GLA, the EU and one more which hasn't been revealed yet.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/121/1214474p1.html

I am personally hoping since it is a PC exclusive the game won't be toned down and they can do as much as possible with the quality of graphics and amount of on screen action.

Loved the first generals and the expansion.
Laser general against Chinese infantry general was always great tower defence style fun. I loved setting up laser towers and watching the enemy AI send in tons of soldiers against me.

I hope this comes to Onlive as my pc won't be able to handle it.

Is it out now?! Ahh coming soon. Cool, I'll keep my eye on this :)).

Last edited:
15 moonths since I started this thread, but got my invite today for the closed Alpha.

Not much interest in it on here, but will post my impressions after I play it this weekend.

It is free to play, when the game is eventually released.
I only had a quick couple of goes on it and it seems to be a typical C&C game when playing it online, as everything is just a rush.

I am seriously out of practice with them, and need to learn how to rush again.

The game is very much a carbon copy of Generals, with the only difference I noticed is you now have gold and oil. So you now need to harvest both in order to build the vehicles required, hence why in all 3 of the games I played and lost, I was defeated by people rush building infantry.
The military units did seem very powerful as both times a group of about 12 normal infantry soldiers managed to wipe out 3 gattling tanks.

I will play it more at some point this week and really need to get back into the C&C way of thinking, but also the very little time I do get to play games these days, I only really play DayZ.

Back
Top Bottom