iOS Gaming

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Gaming

WOW!!

How do games like this not get more publicity???

This is the best game I've played on the iPhone/iPad and I never knew it existed until I saw your post, so thanks!!

Keep 'em coming, Cave!

No worries mate. :) That's the problem though. While the App Store's game quality is increasing day by day you still have to sort out all the crap before you can find those gems.

They really need to sort the app store, it's got far too many apps now door such simple searching. Big problem for developers, especially indie devs who often moan they there apps are buried within hours.

They need a 'Novelty' section for such dross as fart cushion and Bo selecta! sound bites. That would tie up 60% of the crap that's on there and make it easier to find stuff that is actually good, useful and worthwhile...

hey guys im from france and i would like to have an ipod 32gb 3g. Here in france it is too expensive but my dad is going to be in usa soon. so my question is how much will it costs in the usa?

I imagine they'll be a lot cheaper in the US.

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge is now out on the App Store for £4.99 along with a trial version.

PvZ_SaveDate_v2.jpg

Bah, come om popcap, how about some original ips, or at least bejewelled for iPad...

They need to update Peggle for retina display first!

Plants Vs Zombies is a very good game

Its a bit slow at the start but you unlock stuff every level and things get better and better

Been given an iPhone... so for a noob like me. Other than the Stores suggested free apps.... what good free apps are there out there? and not just games but anything.

I've gone through this thread and grabbed a few things mentioned here but I'm just wondering if there is anything else I've missed out on.

Been given an iPhone... so for a noob like me. Other than the Stores suggested free apps.... what good free apps are there out there? and not just games but anything.

I've gone through this thread and grabbed a few things mentioned here but I'm just wondering if there is anything else I've missed out on.

Hard to tell as there is so much out there, but defo pick up;

Words with Friends (free version available)
Depict
Tilt To Live
iFooty (good for live football results + text commentary)
Sky News / BBC News
Air Video
Sky+

Hopefully some of these will be new to you.

Thanks for those...

It's really annoying that there are games on the USA store that aren't on the UK or EU store. I always liked the look of the TNA game and it was the first thing I went looking for today... turns out it's not on the store at all here. very stupid.

If you jailbreak it shouldn't be an issue... ;)

Add:

Sky Football Sports Centre
iFooty
Metro UK
TV Guide
Photoshop Mobile (for editing photos taken)
Flixster

I don't think I can jailbreak as my brother wiped the iphone clean and then updated to 4.01. I looked up rolling the firmware back but things like that scare me.

Most things jailbreak wise are easy really there is always a way to get it working again if you somehow mess up

Downloaded super shock football yesterday.

For those who don't know what it is, it's a table top NFL board game in the states, where you set your men up in formation (bit like subbeteo) and then flick a switch on the board, which makes it vibrate and 'move' the players around.

It's quite a big thing in the states still, but was popular in the 70s and 80s. They still have big tournaments and stuff (check it out on YouTube!)

Anyway, the iPad version is on sale 59p and it's really fun :)

Forgot to add about some of the interactive stuff...

Pre-snap, you can choose a formation (from a limited selection) and then tinker with it by dragging and rotating the players. Then on the snap you can drag to where you want the QB to throw to try and get a completion. The longer the receiver keeps the ball without a tackle, then he builds up a bar - you can spend portions of the bar tapping on the field to influence the direction.

The influence part doesnt work 'that' well, but then again its meant to be more of a random thing anyways.

There is also split screen MP and crystal integration.

For 59p its really good value!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom