Dead Island

Milanista

Mangiamoli!
19 December 2002
London & Milan
AC Milan
Dead Island is a survival horror first-person shooter with RPG elements, currently in development by Techland for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

The game will be published by Deep Silver, and is scheduled for a 2011 release.

It is an open-ended game, centered on the challenge of survival on a zombie-infested island. The game uses a first-person perspective. However, the developers are claiming that the game will be far beyond a typical first-person shooter experience, mainly due to a bigger emphasis on melee combat, role-playing elements and a clear focus on story-telling. IGN has revealed the game is still in development.

Awesome debut trailer.

YouTube - Dead Island: Official Announcement Trailer

Re: Dead Island [PS3/360]

I'll watch this when I go home, if there is any sound. Although I think it looks a great trailer I hate the what develops in it....................probably because I'm a Daddy of a wee girl myself, sends shivers up and down me.

But I absolute friggin love Zombies, and this could be right up my tree.

FD

Great narrative. It would be awesome if some of the adventure/survival games put us in the body of a kid and we couldn't do what adults can. A FPS narrated through a kid would be a great experience, with the physical limitations and so...

I'd think it'd be excellent in a Heavy Rain kind of way that your decisions decide other characters (whether they be friends/family/a n other) kinda way.

FD

Great narrative. It would be awesome if some of the adventure/survival games put us in the body of a kid and we couldn't do what adults can. A FPS narrated through a kid would be a great experience, with the physical limitations and so...

Remember an old PSone game called Heart of Darkness? You were just a kid but could get eaten and killed by different creatures. I loved that game.

Remember an old PSone game called Heart of Darkness? You were just a kid but could get eaten and killed by different creatures. I loved that game.

I never had a PSone (I was a PC player) but remember the title. Neverp played it. Lots of games would be awesome if the developers simply tried now and then to change the rules of the game and create emotional bonds.

By the way, if this game is having some kind of adventure elements and it's not action-based, it may have some interest, even if the market is saturated of zombie titles.

Amazing trailer, more impressive than LA Noire's and that's saying something.

great, another zombie game... fucking game industry is almost as bad as hollywood movie industry, where is the creativity?????????

I'd say the open world island, 4 player co op, role-playing elements add enough new stuff to justify the game. The focus on story-telling too should make it stand head and shoulders above the arcade shoot-em-up zombie games that are around.

Is anyone else getting a slight hint of LOST in the trailer though? Soft music, slow motions action etc.. ?

Amazing trailer, more impressive than LA Noire's and that's saying something.

you´re out of your mind, mister! there´s no gameplay in the video and that´s surely not ingame engine, so i can´t see how it can be more impressive than LA Noire.

It was the atmosphere that the music created along with the video and the slow motion aspect of it all.

I can't see this game being any different from L4D or Dead Rising. It's a great trailer, but I really can't see this game being anything more than a 7.5/10.

Back
Top Bottom