Steam Deals

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
AVF have a thread like this and its really useful.

I'll kick it off...

Left For Dead 1 and Left For Dead 2 for £7.96 - snapped that up.

Not long left (an hour?) but Civ IV Complete Edition is £3.74.

What are peoples Steam usernames? Wouldn't mind having a few people on there. My ID is Dazimus.

15xJZ.png

The gift pile doesn't seem to work properly here. I checked my inventory and also completed the Orcs Must Die achievement but only got two prizes/gifts.

The achievement for checking your inventory gives two gifts, and it doesn't look like Orcs Must Die has given anything, oddly.

Anyway, the actual gifts I received was a 50% off Valve games coupon and the Sam & Max Season 1 (which is pretty good). Only bought the Portal bundle today.

It's that time of year again.
28th June 6PM GMT start time for the steam summer sales.

Is anyone looking for anything inparticular?

I have saved up about £200 for the sale so it is now time to start getting some new games at 75% off.
My main aim is to get the expansion for Arma 2 so I can play the DAYZ mod as it looks to be the best mod since Desert Combat for Battlefield 1942.

Apart from that Max Payne 3 might be worth a go at £14.99.

Last edited:
Thursday has been confirmed?

I get paid on Friday, got 50 games in my wishlist so probably expecting to pay around £70 or so for what I can get my hands on.

My problem is the likes of the NeoGAF Steam thread where a game will be on a deal and people will say it's well worth the price. I'm a sucker for 75% off :(

Thursday has not been confirmed but they never confirm anything.

But for the last 3 years it has started on the last thursday in June.

Not much is on my radar actually. I might pick up some older games that I've missed or used to own on consoles.

Arma 2 maybe. I fancy some strategy games too. Anyone know if Cities XL is any good?

Not much is on my radar actually. I might pick up some older games that I've missed or used to own on consoles.

Arma 2 maybe. I fancy some strategy games too. Anyone know if Cities XL is any good?

My Steam backlog is that bad that I don't even know if I own Cities XL. I THINK I do :LOL:

I'm hoping that Anno 2070 gets a good discount.

Sale hasnt started yet, it starts Thursday at 6pm.
You will know when it starts steam will be all bright and summery unlike britain.

I'll check back then. There isn't much I'm after in general really. Got a few games on the go and I hate buying games for the sake of it.

I'll check back then. There isn't much I'm after in general really. Got a few games on the go and I hate buying games for the sake of it.

That's what EVERYONE says. And then the sale starts. And all kinds get reduced to 75% off and is available for £3. And you can't help yourself.

For newbies to Steam sales:

GOLDEN RULE - DO NOT BUY UNLESS IT'S A DAILY DEAL!

Games will be reduced straight away, sometimes at 33% off, sometimes at 50% off. DON'T BUY THEM YET!

Wait to see if they come up in a daily deal, where they'll be cheaper again (usually around 75% off). If it doesn't appear on a daily, then you can always pick the game up on the last day.

So many people get burnt by buying a game, then it gets reduced even more the next day on a daily deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what EVERYONE says. And then the sale starts. And all kinds get reduced to 75% off and is available for £3. And you can't help yourself.

For newbies to Steam sales:

GOLDEN RULE - DO NOT BUY UNLESS IT'S A DAILY DEAL!

Games will be reduced straight away, sometimes at 33% off, sometimes at 50% off. DON'T BUY THEM YET!

Wait to see if they come up in a daily deal, where they'll be cheaper again (usually around 75% off). If it doesn't appear on a daily, then you can always pick the game up on the last day.

So many people get burnt by buying a game, then it gets reduced even more the next day on a daily deal.

Top tip, thanks Dags!

Steam sale is now due to start 12th July.
Which would be a good thing as that's the same day I get my Sky Fibre installed so will have 40MB internet the day the sale starts.

As if what I heard that Max Payne 3 on PC is a 30GB download I will need it.

STEAM SALE STARTS THIS THURSDAY...

Day 1: Anomaly Warzone Earth, The Baconing, Cave Story+, EDGE, Lone Survivor.
Day 2: Botanicula, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Splice, Universe Sandbox,
Day 3: Bit Trip Beat, Braid, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Runespell Overture,
Day 4: A Valley Without Wind, Atom Zombie Smasher, Blocks that Matter, Sanctum, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP,
Day 5: Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Day 6: Awesome, Defcon, Space Chem, Ticket to Ride, Trauma
Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver
Day 8: Demolition Inc, Hoard, Sol Exodus, Swords and Soldiers HD, Wings of Prey,
Day 9: Capsized, Jamestown, Revenge of the Titans, VVVVVV, Zeno Clash
Day 10: All Zombies Must Die, Beat Hazard, Bit trip Runner, Eufloria, Machinarium
Day 11: Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Star Ruler, Waveform, World of Goo

Other confirmed bundles:

1C Collection Pack
Adam's Venture Complete Bundle Retail
Anno 2070 Pack
Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City and Batman Gotham City Imposters Bundle
Bethesda Collection (BRINK, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Hunted)
Bioshock Franchise Pack
BIT.TRIP.BEAT Bundle
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER Bundle
Carpe Fulger Bundle (Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Chantelise, Fortune Summoners)
Civilization Collection
Command and Conquer Franchise
Dawn of War Franchise Pack
Dead Island Complete
Duke Nukem Bundle
Foreign Legion Bundle
Kalypso Collection (Tropico, Jagged Alliance, Airline Tycoon, etc)
Majesty Franchise
Paradox Collection (Magicka + dlcs, Mount and Blade, etc)
Pendulo Adventure Pack
Railworks 3 - Summer Sale Collection
Red Orchestra Franchise Pack (ROW)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Sniper Elite Franchise Pack
Square Hit Collection (Hitman, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Quantum Conundrum, Thief)
Stardock Collection Pack
Strategy First Complete Pack
Sword of the Stars Franchise
THQ Collection (Dawn of War, Warhammer, Stalker, Nexuiz, Darksiders, Metro 2033, etc)
Total War: Shogun 2 Pack
Victoria Franchise
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
Wings of Prey

Last edited:
No Arma bundle? That's a big surprise, might grab the Stalker bundle.

Edit: Wait I just saw it's like $34 for the Stalker bundle? Fuck that!

Last edited:
Company of heroes complete pack on -75%. Haven't played any rts since red alert 2, stronghold crusader times.

Any1 got this already ? Hows multiplayer, wouldn't it be too harsh on newcomer since the game is already 5 yr old?

Back
Top Bottom