iOS Gaming

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming

So, has anyone played XS Football? Miles better than Real Soccer in my opinion. The controls, animations, graphics, loads of fun. The only drawback is that it's all international teams. Certainly opens the door for EA or Konami to make a football game if this dev team can.

So, has anyone played XS Football? Miles better than Real Soccer in my opinion. The controls, animations, graphics, loads of fun. The only drawback is that it's all international teams. Certainly opens the door for EA or Konami to make a football game if this dev team can.

FIFA10 is coming sometime later this year (prob November), but not much (i.e. anything) known about it.

I played it but found it way too easy. It is very impressive though, the controls and animations / graphics are excellent and gives me high hopes for FIFA 10 on the iPhone

Try it on expert difficulty, I found that a lot better. You can change it on the home page. It's not massively better but at least the CPU gives you a good game.

I'm hooked on Texas Hold Em again! And Real Racing too. Quality stuff.

Anyone else got BeatRider? Its like Tap Tap Revenge but you can upload your own songs. Just uploaded one of mine on the website and downloading it on my iPhone now.

Its on sale at the minute too for 59p :)

There was a bit in this month's FourFourTwo about iPhone football games, they make it sound like a hardcore games machine - it's a good two pages actually! Apparently Championship Manager on it is decent but the transfer values are a bit off.

I might buy it and give it a go CD, I'll post how it is if I do :TU:.

TouchCricket 1.1 is out now and it's awesome with 50 over and Twenty20 modes! :DD

There was a bit in this month's FourFourTwo about iPhone football games, they make it sound like a hardcore games machine - it's a good two pages actually! Apparently Championship Manager on it is decent but the transfer values are a bit off.

CM is meant to be a bit poo and the 'best' management game is meant to be 'MYG' (Manage Your Club) - though it has some issues too (namely a text only engine for matches). The makers have just issued an update though.

Presuming it's MYC not MYG. :P

Just looked it up and wow, the SCREENSHOTS make it look sexy! I've not been a fan of any portable football manager games, on the DS, PSP or otherwise. If they could make a handheld device as powerful as a half-decent laptop (I'm talking about CPU and memory, not graphics of course), I would have no hesitation in buying one for a decent football manager game, I've been waiting ten years...

Its weird, they show up as updates on my iPhone but not on my computer.

Baseball Slugger is the best game on the iPhone!

Amen to that! (well maybe after Bejewelled... and Real Racing... possibly Peggle! But its close).

Have to try and catch you online with it sometime.

I've been playing it for a little bit and I would say no, not really. Its not bad, but I wouldn't say it was worth the money.

I'd give it 3.5 out of 5

damn. any other -good- manager games out there?

CivRev will be great (hopefully) - I've grabbed the Lite version and will test later.

Differing opinions on performance on the standard 3G...

spotted flight of the amazon queen on there earlier. played it on pc around 1995 and it is a good point & click adventure...

also, beneath a steel sky is due for release very soon! :)

Alive4Ever has just been released for 59p. Appstore Link - Click me!

IMG_0115.JPG.jpeg

For 59p, this is probably the biggest bargain on the App store to date. It has SO much content as well as fully fledged local Bluetooth Co-Op play.

IMG_0118.JPG.jpeg

Been waiting on this game and it certainly doesn't disappoint. Think Left4Dead crossed with Minigore ;)

Details from TouchArcade..

Alive 4-Ever is a zombie shooter in which players have a selection of 4 different characters coming from different backgrounds, trying to rescue hopeless survivors from a small town that was attacked by a deadly virus which turns dead people into zombies. Sounds pretty familiar, but there's more.

Besides the shooting component, Alive 4-ever has added other different elements like rescuing survivors and searching for vaccines, which highly increased the longevity of the game.

The game also offers bluetooth multiplayer allowing up to 4 person cooperative play. 30 missions are offered that includes goals such as eliminating a given amount of zombies, rescuing survivors in a given time frame, getting vaccines, defeating the big boss. There are 16 weapons in all that can be purchased throughout the game, and player experience points accrued can be used to upgrade basic player stats.

59p? Holy shite... defo buy then!

Just seen your 'review' on iTunes :)

Back
Top Bottom