Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii + DS

I've started turning the 3D off playing Zelda because I seem to move the 3DS about a bit and the screen goes funny then.

FC 3995-6546-7222.

I've started turning the 3D off playing Zelda because I seem to move the 3DS about a bit and the screen goes funny then.

FC 3995-6546-7222.

Yea, its not perfect - especially when you have to tilt the DS around. I've always had mine on quite low anyways. Any higher is really blurry for me (might be cos I've got glasses - I've read that can affect it?).

FC 4682-8568-6877

worth a go! i am enjoying fifa 11 at the moment, the street mode is rather fun, though 100% arcade. still nice.

Hi guys,

currently have my wii hacked (soft mod) to play games off a HDD. I never play it now and want to sell it.

Can it be restored to how it was when I bought it new? If so, can you tell me how?

Last edited:

I'm picking up a Wii for the little one this Christmas, but obviously will be having a bash on it myself.

I think the last time I had one was really close to launch... I sold it about a year after it came out as i just never used it. so I've missed out on a load of games.

Anyone have a list of games worth checking out that I will have missed out on? I can work out the obvious ones myself... I'm meaning more hidden gems type.

Just got a Wii for Xmas, there's a whole catalogue of cheap classics to buy :))

Anyone tried PES2012? Looks good from what I've seen on YouTube.

so i wanted a vita and ended up with a 3ds. :YAWN:

local shop is closing down and they had it reduced down to 99 pound, i couldn't say no to that. even used ones are going for more on ebay these days, so i guess it's a bargain.

The control layout on the Pro pad is awkward.

I thought it looked pretty cool.

I liked the idea of having a handheld device that can be used to play full games on or be used as an extra peripheral. Plus having a real gamepad will allow real games to be made and stop the feeling of the only way to play wii games are by waving your wrists around.

And I liked the idea of the twitter/facebook style social sections along with the main menu showing what your friends are up to. Although the video was shockingly painful.

Compared to what the wii currently offers its a big step up.

So, anyone getting the U?

I've heard it plays games full 1080p and 60fps. If this is true then surely multi-platform games would look and play better on the U.

Might be a good buy for at least a year of current-gen games till the new Xbox/PS is out.

Last edited:

I had one pre ordered at my local game station (now game) but I cancelled it about a week ago when I saw what bundles and prices they were set at.

They only really had the zombie u bundle for £350 or the mario bundle for the same price. They had individual things so you could buy what you want separately but you're paying more than you should then. They were also selling zombie u at £54.99! Nintendoland was £49.99 too.

I though of getting the cheaper console but then most of the hdd is taken up leaving you with pish all and there is a day 1update that's over a gig and takes ages to download and install.

It just sounded like a huge mess for £400+.

Could get the smaller one and just use external storage?

I like the Premium bundle though, but would have preferred it to be available in white.

I'm currently contemplating selling my now redundant Macbook Pro and Mac Mini to raise some cash and putting some of that to the WiiU though.

Only external storage with its own power source works, apparently.

Will probably wait for Rayman Legends to come out and the price to drop before I get this.

Re: Nintendo Wii + DS + Wii U

I had one pre ordered at my local game station (now game) but I cancelled it about a week ago when I saw what bundles and prices they were set at.

They only really had the zombie u bundle for £350 or the mario bundle for the same price. They had individual things so you could buy what you want separately but you're paying more than you should then. They were also selling zombie u at £54.99! Nintendoland was £49.99 too.

I though of getting the cheaper console but then most of the hdd is taken up leaving you with pish all and there is a day 1update that's over a gig and takes ages to download and install.

It just sounded like a huge mess for £400+.

I ended up trading in my PS3 the other day and got a Wii U. Only used the PS3 for Rockband (all instruments now in loft), Rocksmith (Can get on PC) and some MLB, which I havent played for ages.

The Wii U is such a nice console though - really nice hardware (got the white one), the controller is brilliant and some of the innovative features are great.

I got NintendoLand (which is good for what it is, typical Nintendo and got it so I had something to play with the GF) and BLOPs2 - which is amazing! Not played it on the other consoles, but I dont doubt this is at least as good, if not better from what I've read.

The ability to just switch the TV off and continue playing it on the small screen is brilliant. The resolution seems excellent to me and the response is instant - a superb feature!

Got Mario coming today and ZombiU on Monday hopefully and really wanna get Trine 2 as that looks ace. Really pleased with it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

I ended up trading in my PS3 the other day and got a Wii U. Only used the PS3 for Rockband (all instruments now in loft), Rocksmith (Can get on PC) and some MLB, which I havent played for ages.

The Wii U is such a nice console though - really nice hardware (got the white one), the controller is brilliant and some of the innovative features are great.

I got NintendoLand (which is good for what it is, typical Nintendo and got it so I had something to play with the GF) and BLOPs2 - which is amazing! Not played it on the other consoles, but I dont doubt this is at least as good, if not better from what I've read.

The ability to just switch the TV off and continue playing it on the small screen is brilliant. The resolution seems excellent to me and the response is instant - a superb feature!

Got Mario coming today and ZombiU on Monday hopefully and really wanna get Trine 2 as that looks ace. Really pleased with it so far.

You can get Trine 2 in the Christmas Steam sale for around £4 probably.

Im guessing you had to pay a little more towards the cost of the Wii U with the trade?

The games do excite me. Id love to play zombieU and the way the controller works with some games sounds really fun... I was reading about tank tank tank yesterday and how in one game mode one player uses the pad to control a giant king kong and the other players on the tv run around fighting. But the really cool feature he is the camera on the pad films your face and puts it onto the king long robot so the other see you growling down at them.

I'd love to see this expanded into more of nintendos online games. Like if you're playing cod and you kill someone, during the kilcam they Get to see your face as you hold the pad. So you can throw them a taunt. Or maybe in racing games as you overtake someone your video could pop up above your car showing you laughing and waving back at them (or flipping them the middle finger).

I think I'm going to wait until march when the next batch starts being sold and it comes with the firmware updates already done. Hopefully by then there will be some price drops too.

You can get Trine 2 in the Christmas Steam sale for around £4 probably.

I know its silly, but would prefer it on the Wii (just to bolster the library) as the controls look good and its also meant to be the nicest/best version. I will wait for a price drop though.

Im guessing you had to pay a little more towards the cost of the Wii U with the trade?

The games do excite me. Id love to play zombieU and the way the controller works with some games sounds really fun... I was reading about tank tank tank yesterday and how in one game mode one player uses the pad to control a giant king kong and the other players on the tv run around fighting. But the really cool feature he is the camera on the pad films your face and puts it onto the king long robot so the other see you growling down at them.

I'd love to see this expanded into more of nintendos online games. Like if you're playing cod and you kill someone, during the kilcam they Get to see your face as you hold the pad. So you can throw them a taunt. Or maybe in racing games as you overtake someone your video could pop up above your car showing you laughing and waving back at them (or flipping them the middle finger).

I think I'm going to wait until march when the next batch starts being sold and it comes with the firmware updates already done. Hopefully by then there will be some price drops too.

Yea paid a bit more. Got 50% trade in extra on PS3 so that was near £120, but getting the 2 games was £100, so the whole thing (Wii U + 2 games) 'cost' me around £220 in cash.

ZombiU has a similar gamepad mode that looks really good. One player in on the TV as the normal FPS using a different controller and the gamepad player sees the game top down and its more like a RTS/Tower Defence game where they spend resources putting and upgrading zombies on the map to hunt the player.

Sounds really cool - shame thats not online.

Back
Top Bottom