Older PS3 PES games

sonoman

Champions League
13 November 2003
México
Mexico / Türkiye
I was playing with my mate the other day PES 2012 in my place, as usual.. and well I can't say it is perfect, but it's quite good..

It happens to me that everytime when I get the newest version i completely abandon the previous one, I bet I'm not the only one who does this, right?

Well, for the ps3 I still have PES 2009 to 2012, and we tried to played the older games, Jesus.. that was something else.
Here is my review:

PES 2009:
*Absolute horrid graphics, players look like they were made of wax.
*Stadium atmosphere is really crappy.
*Player movement feels so.. stiff? you can barely move with them, let's not even talk about dribbling.
*Shooting is relatively good, passes are good, as long as they're are not through passes.. they seem to be even shorter than regular passes (wtf)
*The rosters for that season it's what we loved the most, as Barca had Etoo, Henry, Marquez, etc; Madrid had Raul, Robben, RVN, etc. well, you know..
*I just can´t understand how was i having fun with this game 3 years ago..
*I can remember I played several BAL & ML seasons.. i even checked my saved games! was I that simple back then?
*We couldnt even bother playing more than 2 matches, actually we were suffering in the process.
*And the menus, oh the menus.. they are really unfriendly and plain lazy from Konami

PES 2010:
*from the moment the main screen comes out, made me remember how excited I was when I first downloaded the 2010 demo, you know.. the one with Torres & Messi on it.
*In this game the crappyness of the menus is legenday, absolute rubish.
*The lighnig in the pitch looks really strange and players kinda look like zombies.
*It definitely plays better than 2009, but it's not a masterpiece.
*I did also checked my ML & BAL saves.. haha i was weird back then, my player had really weird hair and had been a Vieri-like mercenary.
*The soundtrack on this game is really really good tho.

PES 2011:
*I know i stopped playing recently (november?), but when i saw the menu (which looks pretty much like 2012's), good times came to my mind.
*we played a libertadores match on a sunny day and the atmosphere was just amazing. we even changed the camera to broadcast view and admire every play we did playig 2vs cpu.
*this is what a football game should be.
*we loaded my ML save and played a couple of games.. eventho my ML team was able to destroy every competition by then.
*and we got online to see my MLO team.. and then i remembered why did I spent that much time playing it: absolutely wonderful!
*I know there are some lag issues and most of the people are Speed Merchant bitches online, but the player maneuverability is superb. With Pastore, Mata and Eding being my attacking trio, i can cause madness in any defense.
*Defending is quite easier compared to 2012, but it feels strong in that department.
*Shots can be placed pretty much anywhere you intend to, of course depending of your player capabilities, momentum, position, etc.
*Well this was a solid solid game, sure there are minor flaws but I really loved it.

So, even if 2012 looks amazing, plays really well, has a lot more stuff in it, etc.. i still think it's broken but it's not unplayable.
What i dislike about it is the CPU ability to dribble like if every attacker was Messi and defend like if they were 1-0 up in the last 10 minutes of a WC final.
for me, it just lost that randomness that made 2011 (and PS2 versions) better.

well, this is not a pes2012 rant.
I'll just suggest you to play pes2011 if you've still got it over there and fall in love again with beautiful football :)

it would be nice to read your reviews of the older PS3 PES games..

well pals, sorry for my bad english!
cheers!

pes 2011 on line is probably the best footie to date. off line the cpu is too weak. ml gets boring for the lack of challenge.

weirdly i like 09 and when i have lads round we play tournament with this as it has that pick up and play feel about it, was easy for lads who were not very good at it.

Dribble was a bit easy but you have full control of the player which was good, bit unrealistic how you could turn and fast players were deadly on it!

Shooting was spot on!

Simplicity was the key and i feel we have lost that with newer pes titles

Try going further back.

I've spent most of the night editing all the teams and players on PES3.

The current way of just importing an option file off a USB stick isn't a patch on wasting entire days sorting out the mess of a default Konami database.

no need to go back to pes 2009 and when you talk like this it's so outdated to mention pes 2009 this way why what happen when it was 2009 we never knew the game was going to progress this much up until now pes 2012 is the game to play

I believe there has always been a pattern to Konami's efforts, year-in, year-out. It's as if they strive to invent themselves with every iteration. For me, they do that by switching between a more simulated approach to an arcade/simulated effort.

If you consider PES 1 being the start of the simulated feel. Then PES 2 was a little more arcadish ( I hate that word). PES 3 more simulated, PES 4 not so much, PES 5 more simulated, PES 6, not so much.

Forget PES 2008, that was pathetic.

PES 2009 had a more arcade feel, PES 10 simulated, PES 2011 more open and easily accessible, PES 12 on Zero Assistance, hardcore again.

There is a pattern for me, but it's a case of what do you personally prefer.

Back
Top Bottom