Benfica
FC Porto
Shaktahr Donesk
Spartak Moscow
Zenit

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sliders Explanation:

Player support:

Player support dictates how teammates move around the ball carrier.

0-6 These values instruct players provide options sideways and many backwards 'safe options' for the ball carrier. For example with Barcelona this is set to 0, so it allows Barcelona to play many safe, backwards, sideways passes, So overall it means, 'slow orientated build up'. For the CPU, this also depends on the player’s individual stats and their ATT and DEF levels.

7-13 Players will provide balanced support, unless the player isn't in clear space, teammates won't always run ahead of the ball carrier. This is suitable for teams which have no defined, strict style and allows your team to build up with the ball in a variety of ways.

14-20 These are for fast attacking play, this instructs the players to provide options ahead of the ball carrier. This is useful for counter attacking and for playing long balls!

Support Range

Support range shows how close the players stay to around the ball carrier

0-6 These parameters will make players keep close together. This is useful for passing teams who like to dominate possession, ‘short passing game, tiki taka’. This is useful if you have a team full with short players since the team will have more options to pass to and very useful for possession teams to kill the momentum of their opponent by keeping the ball for a while.

7-13 Players keep a reasonable distance away from each over, this like with player support helps provide a nice balance for the team to play in a variety of ways.

14-20 Means players spread away from the ball carrier. This is useful for teams that play on the counter attack, so players will look to provide space up the pitch and provide with to play long balls and to help spread the play. This is also very useful for play route one attacking style hoofball like you see in England with Stoke, or a team managed by Sam Allardyce.

Position Switch

Position switch dictate how much freedom players have to temporarily play in different designated positions or switch places with players in similar positions.

0-6 Means player rarely if ever switch positions and stay tactically disciplined.

7-13 Means players will now and again switch with players in a similar position. This good in regards to if a player is caught up the pitch, another can fill in temporarily for him.

14-20 This is similar to that above but If a player finds himself out of position he will then take up the nearest position designated for a while, the drop back to his designated position.

So for example if a center back charges forward, if he ends up in midfield he will stay there for a bit, then move back, same with striker coming back to defend. It's built to give you the option to give your players the choice to swap positions for bit to confuse the opposition. This is effective for teams who have many versatile players.

Attacking Style:

Attacking style is important for setting up your teammates run direction when you have the ball. It’s important to define the attacking style so you ‘the user’ can attack in the style you want with your players following your orders. It’s important for playing in a style which suits the individuals in the team.

0-6 Means players will congregate out in wide positions to support the ball carrier so the team builds attacks down the wing.

7-13 When set to balanced players will maintain their shape.

14-20 Players will congregate more in the middle, and wide men for example will come inside to offer support through the middle. Please remember even if you set this to 20, there will always been teammates who will offer some form of support down the wing.

Pressing

Pressing is how intense your team presses the opposition team’s ball carrier. For you ‘the user’ this is important to set it up correctly, so you defend in the style which you have set you team. You can find yourself in trouble if you try to pressure aggressively and you team is setup with loose marking for example and vice versa.

0-6 Loose marking makes players stand off the ball carrier and the player will focus much more and working with his teammates as a unit to prevent spaces. This is very effective for getting players behind the ball, making it hard for h opposition team to find space, although this could invite too much pressure from the opposition and they can pin you in your own half.

7-13 Players won't actively close down the opposition, they will tend to hold their shape unless the opposing ball carrier enter is the players ‘zone’.

14-20 When set to tight, players will actively close down the opposition, 14-20 dictates how intense they move out of their formations shape to meet the ball carrier. This is good for playing against weak opponents with low technique to pressure them into mistakes but beware when using this since it will leave gaps in your defence and your team might lose its defensive structure.

Defensive Line:

Self explanatory really.

0-6 Deep, good for getting players behind the ball and compressing space in the box, however this could invite too much pressure from the opposing team.

7-13 Normal, the team keeps a suitable defensive line

14-20 High, Players look to push up the pitch and keep a high line. This is good to help teams push forward in attack but can leave your team very open to counter attacks.

Compactiviness:

This dictates how closely compacted your team is when closing in around the ball carrier. This is also important for when your team wins the ball back from the opposition.

0-6 The team forms up as a unit very tightly in the center of the pitch. This is effective for stopping attacks down the center.

7-13 The teams forms up defensively in a balanced manner against the opposition.

14-20 The team spreads out wide. This is effective for preventing attacks from the wings.

Parameters Advice:

Finally you should now that: 0-6 and 14-20 dictate how extreme you want your team style to be for each parameter.
For example for player support; 14 is say relatively far from the ball carrier and 20 is very far. Parameters 7-13 dictate you want a balance but with a slight favor towards a parameter. So 7 or 8 would mean your players your players would move slightly out wide, and say 11, 12 would make them move slightly towards the middle.

Thank you for reading the guide.

Last edited:
This game is very, very good from what i can see. Not discussing the game with anyone maybe the reason for this :LOL:

I will start with Barca as usual:
pes20132012092020534999.png

Player Support 0
Support Range 0
Position Switch 10
Attacking Style 20
Pressing 20
Defensive line 20
Compact 0

(pretty much the exact same as last year but making sure the second strikers are put very, very close together)

I played one game using Valencia against them. Got destroyed 3-0 on top player, 0 speed, they had 58% possession. I'm not playing them again. It was hard enough against them on the default setting lol.

I'll look at my team Arsenal next. I haven't seen to many teams this year, sorry been putting my energy into trying to make sure i can get a career started in my field of work. It's impossible here to find jobs for us young people leaving uni, two of my friends i spoke to today still looking :(. I will admit i didn't play the demo too much, just around 10-11 games overall so if there's tons of bugs or flaws whatever i don't know about them, and to be honest i don't care much about how bad they are.

If we use these and play master league does the CPU still mess with the formations and line up

Klashman, where can I find your explanation of sliders? Found it very helpful in the past for creating tactics.

I'm currently experimenting with Juve, trying to find an acceptable compromise for the 'wingbacks' and get Marchisio (AMF) to make more runs forward than Vidal (CMF).

I did a Juventus formation yesterday after their game with Chievo.

They seem to attack towards the middle primarily, Asamoah on the left is genuine a 'left midfielder' rather than wide man like Bale etc..

Pirlo didn't play but like Pogba he starts the play very deep.

Watching City today, hmm, i'm waiting when it comes to these tactics, they seem really disjointed in the middle, Javi Garcia doesn't get involved enough, yaya toure and Silva aren't linking well either.

Arsenal don't play a high line at all anymore, so the formations i'll give now will represent this.

If we use these and play master league does the CPU still mess with the formations and line up

Nope, they keep it, they don't modify the formations because of what happened with PES 2011, where the CPU would create some crazy shit.

Added to first page curdstar

Last edited:
Could you give me some advice... I'm playing Bayern in ML and I don't like their default tactic because for my feeling it doesn't utilise Robben and Ribery as much as it should. Could you please suggest a formation and slider settings so I can achieve better results? Thank you in advance!

I played some games against some friends and got disappointed by manchester united(my favorite team). however, using juventus in their classic 3-5-2 was a better experience(except the fact that they need a superstar striker, perhaps)

I did a Juventus formation yesterday after their game with Chievo.

They seem to attack towards the middle primarily, Asamoah on the left is genuine a 'left midfielder' rather than wide man like Bale etc..

Pirlo didn't play but like Pogba he starts the play very deep.

Watching City today, hmm, i'm waiting when it comes to these tactics, they seem really disjointed in the middle, Javi Garcia doesn't get involved enough, yaya toure and Silva aren't linking well either.

Arsenal don't play a high line at all anymore, so the formations i'll give now will represent this.

hi! Can you post your Juve tactics and formation? I used your settings last year in pes2012 and they really worked well, realistic and the player support made for great build up play around the opposition box.... The player cuts were great with Pirlo playing deep, I would really be able to disect the opposition defenses, especially ppl attacking like crazy with Barca and Real. Would be cool what you came up with.... For the wing players I am currently using Asamoah on the left, and moved Giovinco to the right replacing (krasic) and Vucinic and Matri/Qugags up front.... Not sure on the sliders though :FAIL:

yes if Juve had a superstar striker with their current midfield they would be unbelievable in this game! Someone fast, like Aguero would be ideal!

I want to make a little suggestion.
Taking into account that (A) Konami leaved the tactics unmade for all teams (they just did a formation aproximation), and (B) We have to do the hard work, and that includes editing teams we don't know...

... we have to speed edit tactics for a lot of teams. Of course, that includes using Konami's tactical presets.

Well, Here's a my useful advice: erase "QUICK COUNTER" and "LONG BALL" for all teams.
The reason for this is that both tactics have a very high player support. This is one of the main reasons for end-to-end matches. While still bad (and should be avoided if we want to get the best out of PES), the other tactical presets are more balanced in this aspect.

hi! Can you post your Juve tactics and formation? I used your settings last year in pes2012 and they really worked well, realistic and the player support made for great build up play around the opposition box.... The player cuts were great with Pirlo playing deep, I would really be able to disect the opposition defenses, especially ppl attacking like crazy with Barca and Real. Would be cool what you came up with.... For the wing players I am currently using Asamoah on the left, and moved Giovinco to the right replacing (krasic) and Vucinic and Matri/Qugags up front.... Not sure on the sliders though :FAIL:

The new formation isn't much different tot he one from last year, apart from the wide men tucked in a bit more.

I don't think players stay that close together in Vilanova's Barca. At least not as much as Guardiola's

The tactics are the same really, depends on the individuals playing, Tello for example is a pure winger, he would completely change the dynamic of the team, take Xavi and Iniesta out of the team and they will lose that ability to take full control of games and that incredible consistency in their passing.

Watching the game vs Granada, they just didn't seem to be very effective without Xavi, the maestro making things happen.

Some Arsenal formations
pes20132012092021015604.png

Player Support 6
Support Range 0
Position Switch 11
Attacking Style 20
Pressing 16
Defensive line 8
Compact 10

Player Support 14
Support Range 3
Position Switch 10
Attacking Style 16
Pressing 14
Defensive line 7
Compact 6

Long ball
Player Support 17
Support Range 13
Position Switch 8
Attacking Style 10
Pressing 7
Defensive line 3
Compact 12​

Last edited:
I want to make a little suggestion.
Taking into account that (A) Konami leaved the tactics unmade for all teams (they just did a formation aproximation), and (B) We have to do the hard work, and that includes editing teams we don't know...

... we have to speed edit tactics for a lot of teams. Of course, that includes using Konami's tactical presets.

Well, Here's a my useful advice: erase "QUICK COUNTER" and "LONG BALL" for all teams.
The reason for this is that both tactics have a very high player support. This is one of the main reasons for end-to-end matches. While still bad (and should be avoided if we want to get the best out of PES), the other tactical presets are more balanced in this aspect.

Klash, no thoughts on this?

Klash, no thoughts on this?

nope,

game has been out for no more than about 2 minutes, I've only played 10 minute games. I don't know this game too well yet,

add to that i hardly played the demo.

Only bugs I've seen, this one goal the CPU scored, the guy was MILS offside, it wasn't a programmed close call, just some bug, think it must have something to do with the 'disallowed goal sequence' didn't play.

We must have Patience. I hear this Konami squad update doesn't even come out until mid October, this is why i'm not doing any refined finished tactics since many of the teams are outdated.

Last edited:
Have somebady a good formation + tactics for man utd. I want 4-4-2 with 2 wingers come's inside wen the ball is on the other side.I have problems with making goals.

Sorry. Bad english

Thanks for these tactics, played a cracking game with Barcelona using these and scored a well worked goal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok0hAlhWcB8&feature=player_detailpage#t=84s). I dare not play anymore with them because I'll never be able to match the football they play with other teams.

Arsenal seems spot on too, I'm surprised more people haven't taken to creating tactics actually, surely they're more important to the game than other stuff people will spend hours editing. Spent last night creating my own Man. United tactic, and though I don't think it's worthy of posting, it was great fun to make and feels much better than the default one.

Thanks for these tactics, played a cracking game with Barcelona using these and scored a well worked goal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok0hAlhWcB8&feature=player_detailpage#t=84s). I dare not play anymore with them because I'll never be able to match the football they play with other teams.

Arsenal seems spot on too, I'm surprised more people haven't taken to creating tactics actually, surely they're more important to the game than other stuff people will spend hours editing. Spent last night creating my own Man. United tactic, and though I don't think it's worthy of posting, it was great fun to make and feels much better than the default one.

That through ball goal at 1:15 displays what's wrong with this game. I mean look at the opponents defence pushing right up to the halfway line just inviting a through ball for Falcao to run onto.
The game engine is broken in this respect as its impossible to hold defences back if you want

I have been playing a lot of MLO and its shocking. Players aren't interested in playing the ball through the midfield/wide areas or in passing at all in the opponents half. It's get the ball and through/long ball to CF thus bypassing any football (and the entire middle of the field)

Last edited:
How did you put spin on the pass at 2:08? Been trying to learn this while playing the demo, but never made it happen.

I don't remember doing anything in particular, it was just situational.

That through ball goal at 1:15 displays what's wrong with this game. I mean look at the opponents defence pushing right up to the halfway line just inviting a through ball for Falcao to run onto.

Yeah the game has it's flaws, I was more impressed with the strength and run of my defender (Godin) in that clip though. Anyway, neither of those teams were using any sort of custom tactics, so I don't want to go off-topic here.

Eagerly awaiting some more tactics to try. :))

The game engine is broken in this respect as its impossible to hold defences back if you want

I have been playing a lot of MLO and its shocking. Players aren't interested in playing the ball through the midfield/wide areas or in passing at all in the opponents half. It's get the ball and through/long ball to CF thus bypassing any football (and the entire middle of the field)

Yeap. From the point of view of positioning, the game is extremelly naive, and, what's worst, it's designed on porpous.

The proof of all this tactical discussion being redundant is one match vs those "beautiful" formations in MLO any given sunday. When you face a
3-1-0-2-4 (meaning no MIDFIELD!!!!) WITH a custom 4231 short passing/slow tempo, and after 70%+ possession you still lose by a large margin; the fact is THIS GAME IS A JOKE in the tactical aspect( online assisted). You can´t keep the ball, u won´t keep the ball because there´s still no punishment for intense pressure and infinite sprinting, and when passing with your back four for a period of time, the game snaps and make one of the fuckers lose sense of space, reaction or control. I´ve lost count of the goals i´ve suffered because of this, in mlo (with the zombies) or normal online quick matches... On a positive note, full unassisted really is a bliss, and there, yes, tactics will have a REAL feel and purpose. I urge everyone to try it out one time.

Thanks for the games Crystal Fool. Heaven, winning or losing.

Being as it may, i respect your efforts and know-how KLashman, and everybody´s.

Last edited:
Ok, wait a second....

Why does everyone expect online to be in any way realistic?

Online, in every single year i used to play it was always designed and set up to lean towards arcade gameplay, i mean not full total arcade button bash but simple, addictive, basic gameplay.

Online ranked/MLO will never been realistic, it's always going to be realistic when you play with those who have the intention to play it that way. Or offline if you set the game up n the idealistic way which you want.

This is why i cannot be arsed to discuss anything in the main topics, if you spend too much time there, the negative energy takes over, you start hating, you start to miss important things.

Negativity only goes one way

------

see :)

Many here will be happy with ultimate realism online in ranked matches or in MLO, however that's just here, literally just here on a few forums like this!

Many kids and those who just play for casual fun or keen gamers will not be happy. They just want to win, without too much fuss.

Sadly in this sick world, money talks, these people, these competitive gamers who exploit the game pay grands, upon grands more than we do. I remember the story from the FIWC in 2008, a child got his mum to pay for him to take a trip to New Zealand to win the qualifier there, juts so he could get to the final.

Sums up whats wrong with people these days really. IT'S JUST A GAME, never crossed his mind it seems.

The masses are not just uninterested in total realism, and never will be, they aren't interested in a intelligent thought provoking experienced, they just want fun.

So, should we complain that MLO isn't realistic enough, and is too flawed online, too many exploits, or should we see the reality, No football game in public ranked matched will EVER be the height of realism! It will never happen, and it doesn't need to anyway, it's just a silly table of results which means, nothing whatsoever

Being top of a leader board, playing a certain way in ranked matches, it means nothing, therefore, why even bother, in any way, in any small way take it seriously? Why? Approach it like the joke it is, that's how i enjoyed the few times i played PES 2012 online, i knew it was arcadey setup online in ranked games, did it to pass the time on that given day.

Flip it round, imagine in if PES was perfect to your own wishes, imagine MLO had no exploits and flaws, the leader boards, the way you play they still wouldn't mean shit!

Playing against people you can trust to play in a enjoyable way? What more can you want?

I think Konami, as well as Ea know, whatever they do, people will complain, so many people want so many different things, no WA they will please everyone. If they don't it doesn't matter anyway.

As you can see, not making excuses, i expected online ranked to be arcadey and simple, it always is, the best way against to enjoy it is to not expect realism, just play to pass the time.

If you lose 5-0, win 5-0, whatever, nothing will change.

Yeap. From the point of view of positioning, the game is extremelly naive, and, what's worst, it's designed on porpous.

Yes, your question is answered, of cursed its designed like that on purpose. Your not going to find ultimate realism there, you never will.

If you don't like it, complain, then just get on with life, have a hob nob or something.

And you seem so shocked as if you didn't see it coming.

Last edited:
anyway when the roster update comes out i'll have another barca formation, will be the same but Sanchez and Pedro really operate more as wingers in this barca side compared to with Pep.

Have some other formations for other teams I've seen but nothing too much until this roster update arrives.

We should not pay any attention to Online when making these tactics. Online gaming is shit and probably always will be one, full of smart-asses game exploiters.

As I have tested myself, It is not needed to crowd everyone in the middle in Barca formation (after all, they try to spread the game horizontally and use all width of the pitch), what really matters is to make team extremelly compact VERTICALY, meaning from defence to attack. What I saw so far this really helps them to defend in Barca way - pressing high up, in numbers and regaining the ball quickly.

its needed to simulate the way how the offence works, in the last phase in powerplay game there needs to be a move into the middle to create danger and cut the defence

now if u try to simulate this only with the sliders u end up with a bad result, off course there needs to be width first but then there needs to be narrownesses too

put a SS or winger more to the middle and he will tend to move there when your team has possession
lets say u make attack style slider 6-8, width will be there but also the movements inside the box later on, support range maybe 8-10
for 4-3-3
-

if u make it the other way, position the wingers e.g. wide on the outside line and make attack style 12-14+ they will stay outside
so the only way to simulate a real working 4-3-3 with correct off-the-ball movements in the last third is to narrow the positions and make attack style atleast 10 or lower
same for support range
as a result u have the flowing first go wide and later go narrow movements

so i cant understand the setting 20 for attack style @klash, its a bit over the edge
especially u have ss no wingers, havent playd it but i can imagine width may be a problem

and player support 0, barca is known to press aggressively after loosing the ball, when they win it back some players rush forward again to put danger to the opponent team, support 0 is bad for this
but i think you made a possession only tactic dont u?
so when u loose the ball better make second one with higher support

Last edited:
We should be pushing on the wish list for separate attacking and defensive sliders. I don't want my high position switching up front to make my defenders swap around unless I say so. That's the impression I got from reading something here the other day.

Back
Top Bottom