Sony PlayStation 3

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread (Official Design)

There are 3 shots of the next GT game floating about, from an Asian website. To say they look disappointing is putting it mildly, it looks like GT4 with better spectators/people in the pit lane.

Don't think so. Use the PS3's disc slot as a reference.

ClassicD said:
There are 3 shots of the next GT game floating about, from an Asian website. To say they look disappointing is putting it mildly, it looks like GT4 with better spectators/people in the pit lane.

Yeah I agree, I haven't watched the IGN trailer yet but from the screens the trees and environments look exactly the same as GT4. Flat textures, no bump mapping, trees made up of 2x2D shapes. Tis a shame. The F1 game looks mighty impressive.

It's still way WAY too early to tell how good these games are gonna be.

lumlum said:
Don't think so. Use the PS3's disc slot as a reference.

IGN's specs, which are the same as biggertams point to the PS3 being several inches bigger than the 360.

I'm a fanboy of no console and will get all 3 of the next gen ones, but the PS3 console and pad looks stupid.

ClassicD: I completely agree with your opinion on the next Gran Turismo. I was gobsmacked at how dissapointing it looked.

Holio said:
Interesting enough now, maybe the controller is shaped like a boomerang cause if you do throw it, it'll come back to you instead of getting busted against the tv or the wall!!!

I was thinking exactly the same mate. What have they done to it?!

Still its not how something looks, its how it plays

Footboy said:
IS it going to be the end of the winning eleven/pes patches ? I don´t think that in 1 year there will be blu-ray burners such as we have dvd-burners...
Blu-ray has a storage of 25 gb or more, how could we download this and edit such big files ?? ;(

Actually blu-ray burners haven been available for sale for the last year.

ps301.jpg

What colour to have?

black here.
But I still don't like the way the pad looks. But I wonder how does it play!

thx for the site! :D

ClassicD said:

Oh, I've just been reading that GT5 won't look like this graphically. I have heared they will improve the graphics a lot, and this movie is just a vision of how the game will be in the future with so many cars on the track, and so on

about Gran Turismo, it's not GT5, it's just aa first tech demo, for sure the real version on PS3 are very better, no doubt.

Too bad Final Fantasy VII was just a technical demo! :cry:

The Killzone video..-> :eek:

ReActor said:
I am by no means an XBox fanboy.
Your avatar and signature arent very convincing.

I think i must be the first one to actually like the controller.
I reckon ergonomically its gona sit in the hand nicely.

I am sure Sony have done their homework in pad ergonomics like.
I just hope they aint goofed up like MS did on the original xbox controller by only testing the pad on people in their own country.

And as for colour... silver all the way.. gotta match the tele.

I wonder if all this wifi stuff that we will have next year (ps3, xbox360, pc router etc) will interfere with each other.

I'm not a fanboy, and I'm not judging by these pictures, but specs-wise the PS3 shits on Xbox 360 from great height. However, since the PS3 has a very new architecture, we will only see a fraction of the machine's potential in the beginning, unlike the XBox 360 that uses a more ordinary architecture.

Thinking about the next GTA on PS3 always makes me shiver.

Last edited:

Mikey said:
:confused: Just because he likes the Xbox doesn't mean he is a fanboy.

Exactly.

I've been watching the Sony conference and it is very impressive. The Killzone demo was superb. So was the Getaway, so was fight night, hell the Ducks were impressive too.

Microsoft have dtumbled a bit with regards to a lack of games being shown. I'd rather have these tech demos than nothing at all.

Ike said:
I'm not a fanboy, and I'm not judging by these pictures, but specs-wise the PS3 shits on Xbox 360 from great height.

Thinking about the next GTA on PS3 always makes me shiver.

Yeah on paper you are right. However it is how these individual componants fit together is the key. Only time and development will reveal how good these machines are.

Whatever happens it will be of a benefit to the gamers.

BTW if the RSX is the equivilant of 2xG6800 graphics cards in SLI mode, which cost $1000 at the moment. How much is the PS3 gonna cost??? £300 - 500? More?

Predicted 300-500 USD not pounds. They wont be stupid enough to charge much higher than the xbox360 since theyre competing.

FFS 2006 IS TOO FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I just downloaded some vids from ign.com for some of the PS3 games.

GranTurismoVision looks amazing!

Fight Night Round 3 made me piss my pants!

And KillZone finished me off...i shit myself!

Imagine what Winning Eleven can look like on the PS3. Oh for the love of god. With the game probably like 12-15gb's in size, at least...you can expect perfect player likeness...both face, body, dribbling style. But man, with a game this big, patching will be a chore!!!

Hopefully they'll make an HD Loader hack for the PS3!

watch the motor storm video at game trailers, fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom