PES 2010 - Become a Legend

this is my first time i am playing the legend mode, and am lovin it, am playing for PSG regularly now as a ss and for England sub in my first season, i am enjoing it so far

Well dazfeeder, if you don't like it on top player, decrease the difficulty, maybe it's more enjoyable on a lesser level.
Without wanting to single you out (you're a very nice guy) i don't understand people's obsession about wanting to play on the hardest difficulty. My main gripe with PES the last years is that the AI is cheating on the highest levels. This made PES208 and PES2009 unplayable for me. In PES2010 i haven't even bothered with "top player"...
I cansay in all honesty that i really like my BAL game and that my team mates behave like every professional football player should behave.
Judging from the reactions it seems that there are other people who have a similar experience...

Oh and one more thing: BAL is a mode where patience is allowed...that can be frustrating at times. Last year i gave up because my player did noit develop quicly enough IMO. A second attempt proved more rewarding and now i'm really hooked.

yeah I think I will change the dificulty mate, I play all games on the highest dificulty settings tho, just something i have always done lol

Oh and one more thing: BAL is a mode where patience is allowed...that can be frustrating at times. Last year i gave up because my player did noit develop quicly enough IMO. A second attempt proved more rewarding and now i'm really hooked.

This quote should be used as a warning before starting BAL ;)

Can anybody tell me why I am getting subbed in every match at around the 60 min mark on BAL mode?

As far as I can tell it's depends completely on your stamina stat. You would need to put some focus points on stamina to build it up and you will stay on the pitch longer... but still get subbed really. Unless you get it up high at 95.

I have created my own player in BAL mode but does anybody know how I can get a decent picture/photo of myself uploaded onto the character? I have tried taking my own pic using the Eyetoy USB camera plugged into my PS3 but it does not let enough light in and is grey and grainy. I have also tried to upload one from a digital camera but this is not much better. How do people edit the faces of professional players that they put in the option files?
Thanks.

Started my BAL. I'm playing as Zauri, an argentinian AMF, signed a contract with Atalanta and managed to secure a regular position in the starting line up.
1st transfer window I moved to Fiorentina as they were 7th on the log compared to Atalantas bottom of the table spot. Also managed to play in Europa league with Fiorentina albeit to be knocked out by an inform Spurs team.
Currently we're 5th on the serie A log and I'm a starter as a CMF alongside the likes of Montelivo, Jovetic, Mutu and Gilardinho at only 17 years, I'm looking set to become a legend.

Playing as Rivera, Italian SS - In the scout game I scored both goals in a 2-2 draw including a 25 yd strike at the death to tie the game. Went straight to Lazio and took many games to get my first team chance, scored on my debut as well.

I have now secured my first team spot as trequartista and I'm coming to the end of the season. The goals kinda dried up (scored 5 goals 6 assists) but I scored in both Rome derbies (3-0 win and a 2-1 loss). We are up to 4th in the league and Pandev is the man when played thru the middle. Dont know why the coach doesnt let us take Serie A by storm as Zarate and Rocchi arent that reliable.

Similar story here.
My player is Austalian AMF Blaskovic.
He is in his first season for Catania.
Catania are 8th in the Serie A, but they have won the Coppa Italia. Blaskovic will stay with Catania, because he can play the Euro League with that team...

Blaskovic is a first team regular and has scored 7goals and given 4 assists...not bad ora 17 year old in his first season.

My only gripe about BAL (maybe its a Konami PES thing) is squad selection (why dont they just use the default for at least the first couple of seasons) Totti was in the starting lineup for Roma but wasnt the captain - played against Milan and Zambrotta had the armband.

Also Pandev is my leading scorer (13 goals) and he scored most of them through a 10 game unbeaten run when I supplied him many great balls. He was just slaying goalies. Then they started to Select Makinwa who is useless. Cruz was ok when selected but Pandev was only selected once or twice as CF again.

Small things like that if addressed would keep gamers even more immersed - as it is, hours roll by and I cant get enough

Started mine as Kingston, english SS. After a stunning hat-trick in the talent game, I choosed to go for Sunderland in EPL, thinking I'd get more space to play in a smaller team than Fulham and Aston Villa.

Problem here is my average rating, a mediocre 6 even though I usually score at least once in every training and recover at least 4 balls for game. Easily said, in day 11 I'm still in reserve team, planning to change in january.

Probably is because I'm in top player, but if this is the case I'll have to give up the Inzaghi kind of player and start to act more like Rooney instead :\

Hope someone would give me some advices on the mode (first time ever starting it), it would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
Hope someone would give me some advices on the mode (first time ever starting it), it would be really appreciated.

Hmmm I can't say anything for sure as I play AMF and don't know what it takes to get a good rating as a striker. Do you get assists? Get enough touches of the ball? Make enough passes? Generally just getting involved in the game gives you a decent rating. But this is harder when you're 17 because your stamina isn't good so you tend not to run around like a mad man, at least I did.

I play AMF and started out at West Ham, played CMF for them but would just move into the AMF role anyway...

Moved to Juventus after one season with the hammers. Played for Juve for 2 seasons, successful time we won the league twice, champs league twice and cup once.

Real Madrid came in for me after season 3 so I decided to join them. Took me a few games to wrestle the AMF role from Kaka but I'm first choice now and enjoying playing for them. 1 point ahead of Barcelona in the league.

Into my 3rd season as an Argentinian striker. Started with Catania, which was awful (3 goals/22 games). Moved to Saint-Etienne in season 2, which was slightly better, but jumped at the chance to play for PSG halfway through the season (2010-11: 6/31). So far in 2011-12 with PSG, I'm much better (7/13) despite the team doing quite badly.

It's a shame that the AI can be so infuriating, I've been 1-on-1 waiting for a through pass or tapping RB often without getting a pass from a central or left wing position. I also hate when the AI seems to purposely miss opportunities which I've created for them. Nine times out of 10 my strike partner will somehow blaze a through ball or cross from me wide. Playing as a CM/DM is so much more involving & exciting. Going to start one soon.

First season finished.
Catania finished 8th and won the Coppa.
Blaskovic scored 8 goals, gave 7 assists and had 5 Man of the Match performances.
To my surprise he's going to the World Cup with Australia.
First match is against Brazil.

Meh! Fiorentina are struggling Zauri is only 18 and he's top goal score with 3 goals and Fiorentina are around week 11 Gila and Mutu need to start finding the back of the net. Zauri is too young to carry this team.

I had a dream start for the Australian national team.
My first cap was in the World Cup against Brazil.
Australia where 2-0 down at half time when my player came on.
He scored 3 goals: in a 3-2 win against Brazil (his fisrst hat trick).
A score of 8,5 and MOTM.

Next match in the group phase is against Portugal and afterwards Ukraïn...but for now on Blaskovic is the big revelation.

Ok, I managed to arrive in the season winter pause with some decent games.

The manager seems to be in love with me now, and I repayed his trust by scoring three heavy goals against Fulham, Bolton and West Ham, leading the team to three 1-0 victories.

The guy is going to be a mix between Inzaghi (great positioning, always dancing on the offside line) and Matt Le Tissier (Shoots from everywhere and hits REALLY HARD), but if next year Sunderland is not going to play EPL or (in my dreams) Europa League I'm going to leave them behind and look for glory in better teams with number 7 avaiable.

I'm starting to get the grip on the mode, and I'm loving it.

5th Season here. MVP at the last Champions League, and plaing for barça in max difficulty. I still find this game extremely frustrating. I get angry more often than with online. The AI for the other teams is incredibly good, but my teammates suck ballz, even beeing BARÇA. Is there anyway to lower the difficulty? I guess i just want to have fun, cause right now i'm about to smash my controller...

What level do people play this on?? I started on regular and ended up being prem top scorer at the age of 17 and winning player of ther year etc....so i put it up to proffesional now i am struggling in the reserves - I make it to the team with bibs then always seem to score a 5.5 and drop down to the B team.......most of you guys seem to be doing ok so what could I be doing wrong (apart from just being really bad at it maybe :o) )

Well, regular is just plain too easy, it really doesn't matter that you have really shitty stats as 17yrs old. Pro or Top player are much more difficult for your initial stats.

I see two ways to go:
a) bite the bullet and struggle with increased difficulty (and retarded teammates' AI that really shows up on pro or tp), or
b) skip the matches for couple of seasons, until your parameters improve - it will be easier when your player becomes better

Also - if you dont mind starting over - set the teams(you want to end up playing for) with tactics you like so they play a bit better. You can also edit some of your teammates positions so they play where they should - cuts down on stupid cpu selection.

After taking Lazio to the CL final, Rivera misses a great chance for the go ahead goal at the death, Lazio lose to Barca on penalties. The Lazio youngster is the tournaments assists leader.

Heartbroken Rivera starts slowly the next season and so does Lazio but his childhood team signals their intent - Rivera jumps at the chance and bolts for Milan, after a couple of weeks in the reserves he gets his chance coming on for Ronaldinho to setup the winner.

Leonardo takes it slow over the next few weeks but as CL games start to approach Rivera takes his place upfront replacing Alexandre Pato. Rivera leads Milan to their 8th CL picking up assist leader for the tournament on the way and scoring twice in the final - utterly thrashing city rivals Inter 4-1.

At the end of the season the offers roll in and a frustrated Rivera listens. He doesnt want to leave but he hates to see Pato on the bench while Seedorf and 'Dinho get all the minutes.

Juve, Real and Arsenal come calling for the young Italian international who just finished 3rd at the Euros but only played a bit part coming in for Del Piero or Totti.

Galliani assures Milan fans another gem wont be departing and Rivera decides to continue the dream.

Milan start the following season with an Attacking trio of Rivera and Pato upfront with R80 behind them. A lights out start to the season 3-0, 4-0, a goal and two assists in both games then 2-0, 4-1. Leo rests Rivera but the results roll on 5-0 and then Rivera returns in a 3-0 win a Pato hat-trick. Rivera is the early Serie A leader in assists and Pato leads the goal tally.

Milan are the no. 2 team in the world behind Real, Rivera is the alltime leader in assists, tied with Iniesta and the new CL season is approaching.

The tifosi are jubilant and Galliani is once again proclaiming Rossoneri might, the dream continues.....

i retry 100 times today, and they give you same exact stats for same position. i guess now the stats are day-based. will try remaking my SS tomorow.

In my second season as a CF now playing for Atletico Madrid after winning the Scudetto in my first season with Lazio and the World Cup with Turkey.

Only problem is, the game keeps freezing and crashing when I load it up!
:( especially when I click on to 'Go to Next Match' it either feezes after then, or when the players are in the tunnel

Why have Konami made such a buggy game!!!!??/ Arrgghhhhh

I started on Normal level - there did not seem any point trying to play on pro or top player when I wasn't

Created my player (called jonnyh!!) SS position

Anyway started off and got an offer from Villa which I gladly took - bit of time in reserves but soon made subs bench and become first team regular.

Won league and cup - then moved to Man U for season 3 again short time on bench then first team football :BOP:

Won everything by end of second season with Man U - all top scorer trophies etc so decide to move onto another league so took a transfer to Barcelona - also decided to up level to pro.

Still half way through first season with Barca but first team regular

great mode!!!:KING:

It's a shame that they still didn't add the defense positions this year, I was looking forward for it! So that's why I had to put mine on SS. Playing for Sunderland currently, in th 4th place right now. I don't want to be in the first 4 because I would like to experience playing in the Europe league, but I can't control losing!:P

Back
Top Bottom