Dishonored

Re: Dishonoured

Why? It's just CG, sure it tells us perhaps of the tone they're supposed to be taking but for anything else it's useless, show me gameplay footage any day.

Made by oblivion/fallout people and a guy who was involved in deus ex and theif seems promising

Why? It's just CG, sure it tells us perhaps of the tone they're supposed to be taking but for anything else it's useless, show me gameplay footage any day.

Fair point, but if the physicality of the violence is close to what the CG suggests then add to that the blatantly atmospheric setting and it's enough to perk my interest.

Fair point, but if the physicality of the violence is close to what the CG suggests then add to that the blatantly atmospheric setting and it's enough to perk my interest.

I've never been a fan of CG for promoting games in the past as it's generally bullshit, I broke that rule to watch the Dead Island CG trailer which obviously was fantastic, but the game was nothing like the tone/style set in the trailer so I'm going back to my old stance of not watching CG trailers!

From what I've seen/heard this game should be something special if it gets the time and love to follow through with their fans, looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

Surprised this hasn't been getting more mentions yet. Supposedly the years biggest release.

http://www.dishonored.com/

The player controls Corvo Atano, a former legendary bodyguard to the Empress who is not only a fine swordsman and marksman, master-at-arms, and cunning infiltrator, but also possesses great supernatural powers.

The game is played in first-person, with an emphasis placed on stealth action and the utilization of gadgets as well as the environment to eliminate opposing forces. In the Game Informer cover story, it was mentioned that every enemy in the game (even bosses) can be neutralized non-lethally, if the player so chooses. Lead designers Harvey Smith and Raphaël Colantonio have described the game world as a "simulation"; if the player encounters thugs harassing an innocent passerby, they can be fought off, but the thugs themselves exist within the game world prior to the event, rather than simply spawning in at a designated time or place. If the player encounters the thugs ahead of time, they can be defeated and the mugging will never take place at all.

Corvo has access to swords, daggers, crossbows, and guns, including powerful but slow pistols and muskets. His supernatural powers include the ability to freeze time for a certain period, create powerful gusts of wind, possess any living creature, summon plague animals such as rats, and teleport short distances.

YouTube - Dishonored Golden Cat E3 Gameplay Walkthrough -- Part 1

YouTube - Dishonored Daring Escapes Gameplay Trailer [HD]

Love the possession feature - very different! Looks like no two games will be the same either, which adds huge replay value.

Thanks for keeping this thread going Placebo. The latest vid are indeed impressive.

Looking forward to getting my hands on this, if it's as free as they're making out then it could be a biggie.

Haha, I haven't played games on a PC for 15 years so I shall have to pay at least triple that for my ps3 version.

I've seen lots on here recently (I generally only pop up here around the time of that latest PES/FIFA release) that suggests PC gaming is the way to go but I just wouldn't get that opportunity with kids and the like.

Well it's definitely the way to get the best looking games these days as consoles are really showing their age, especially the 360, any game that can be played comfortably with a controller and is on Steam and cheap I'll buy the PC version as I have the cables sorted to run the HDMI from my PC in the office to the projector in the bedroom + wireless 360 PC adaptor :)

I will wait until I know this game won't require a VPN before I buy.

Otherwise a bargain, I might just open another Steam account and use that for VPN games.

Last edited:

Haha, my son is always going on about that guy, to be fair he seems quite decent and is obviously a clever guy to find this niche market to (t/r)ap into...

I think I'm definitely getting this. It just looks epic.

Anyone know where I can get a digital download besides Steam?

Is that site reputable placebo? I've seen you mention it before and checked it out, but everything is in Russian. Translated it f course, but when I clicked on buy, it just kept refreshing the page.

Other than it's in Russia I've not had any negative experiences, I've bought 12 games there now and all the released ones were delivered as working keys on time with no problems, also bought some MS points and that redeemed fine, I bought 3x Borderlands 2 and then we found out about the whole region/language locking crap and they refunded me absolutely no questions asked. They stopped taking Paypal now which is a pain but it's probably because Paypal were dicking them around, they do that to lots of people, I use my credit card through the ASSIST payment portal and have had no reasons to feel at risk, yet ;)

I've bought games from there for people on here and they've paid me back via bank transfer or paypal, I'm happy to do the same for you if you like then you don't need to put your own CC at risk etc :)

EDIT: The other good thing is you can leave support questions in English and they reply in English really quickly.

I have looked into CDDISKI and they have been trading for a while and people have been buying STEAM keys off them since 2010, and the keys are still working and legit.

They are apparently quite abig company in Russia for supplying games so I would guess they are safe to use, and like Placebo I have bought quite a few games of there for friends.

The region free games are safe to buy but I would't buy any games which require a VPN, as these break your Steam User License Agreement and you could get your account banned.

Last edited:

I don't mind Placebo. What I'm concerned about is what bsmaff mentioned.

Also, does it come as a digital download? And how would I activate it over Steam? I already have a Steam account by the way.

Back
Top Bottom