WE9: In-game editor - Superb!!

Gedtillo

Mediocentro defensivo
13 July 2004
Badge templates, kits and editing guidelines by Gedtillo
Credit to dannyboy20, Lisso, snigletAteam and others where due. Thanks for their work.

How to create your own badge templates, by snigletAteam:

Here's a guide to create the most accurate templates for in-game badge and sponsor editing ever. Follow the next steps in order. You'll need an image editor such as Photoshop.

1. Download emblem from:
http://www.answers.com -> This is the best choice
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com

They seem to have most of the major clubs

2. Import the .eps into Photoshop or similar. Make sure you crop right to the edges of the logo.
01.jpg

3. Resample the image so that it is 48 pixels in height (the maximum height allowed in the badge editor.
02.jpg

When you do this, I recommend sampling down in stages (i.e. if your original was 600 pixels high, go to 300 pixels, then run the sharpen filter, then 150 pixels, sharpen, then 100 pixels, sharpen then size down to 48 pixels. This seems to give better results than a straight resize).

4. Set your photoshop grid have a gridline every 2 pixels and one line between. Zoom right into the image (or as far as you can go so it all fits on the screen).
03.jpg

Important note: By using a gridline every 1 pixel and with no subdivisions you can achieve a template that is EASIER to follow.
And finally...

5. Screen grab and the paste this into a new document. Crop and print out as large as you can. You now have a perfect pixel map of your teams logo!
04.jpg

Pixel size:
gunners_logo.jpg

Original link: http://www.soccergaming.tv/showpost.php?p=1538706&postcount=38 - Credit to snigletAteam, thanks for his guide.

-EDIT-
Here's what we have up to now:

Templates ;): - credit to dannyboy20 where due
Manchester United (created following tutorial):

Liverpool 2005 badge (created following tutorial):

Comparison of how these new badge templates show up against the originals:

Croatia badge:

Pixel size:

Everton FC:

Croatia (easier) and Brazil:
logo108rj.gif

Liverpool (old badge):
liverpoolbadge8x.jpg

liverpoololdcarlsberg1.jpg

liverpoololdcarlsberg2.jpg

New adidas logo (smaller, by dannyboy20):
adidaslogo.jpg

England Badge:

Manchester United:

Manchester United (by - por Dannyboy20):
manubadge8x.jpg

Newcastle United (zoom- by Dannyboy20):
newcastlebadge8x.jpg

Aston Villa (zoom - by Dannyboy20):
villabadge8x.jpg

Bayern München:
Munich.jpg

Bayer Leverkusen:
Leverkusen.jpg

Borussia Dortmund:
Dortmund.jpg

Stuttgart:
Stuttgart.jpg

Werder Bremen:
Breme.jpg

Schalke 04:
Gelsen.jpg

River Plate:
RiverP.gif

Boca Juniors
BocaJ.gif

Olympiakos
Olympiakos.jpg

Celtic
GCeltic.jpg

Ireland:

National team kits:

--
If you follow these instructions you will be able to get kits like these:
30951586_f60099efa8_m.jpg

30944792_3bcacd75d5_m.jpg

30943761_c2e81bb4ae_m.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, when I get some german and british teams done (it's gonna be so easy), the rest of the national teams, and some french teams as well... I will need no patch. Good work, Konami, you pay a lot of attention to your fans. :P Thank you, Sea Bass, you made me happy.

Any requests? I'll try'em tonight!

Yeah, you can remove the flag and add not only one, but TWO editable logos (notice the umbro and the badge), plus some text on the bottom of the shirt. :)

Gedtillo said:
Personally, when I get some german and british teams done (it's gonna be so easy), the rest of the national teams, and some french teams as well... I will need no patch. Good work, Konami, you pay a lot of attention to your fans. :P Thank you, Sea Bass, you made me happy.

Any requests? I'll try'em tonight!

Tottenham would be cool, quite a complex badge to do! Cheers.

davidspc1.jpg

Doubla R said:
Did you draw the vodafone sponsor with the editor or there is a font for it?

I drew the circle, and put the text below.. there's a new font that looks exactly the same as the vodafone one. Certainly Konami were not allowed to license Man Utd, but they did their best so we can make it perfect.

Wow that's good, and your kits are very good too, they look nice, you should try putting the adidas numbers in the spain kit

EDIT: Unless that's it, can't tell since I don't see the little holes.

Yeah, Newcastle is a good one! The prob is that I just can't export my files... :( so we won't be able to share. But it's very easy and quick:

There are four separate parts of the kit now: the collar, the sleeves and two pattern layers, which you can choose and color independently, so as there is a gazillion different designs, you can achieve almost everything you want.

I'll try Brazil, France, Italy and some other tonight, the crests are the most tricky part however... pixel by pixel editing, so tired :D

BTW, those are the "adidas" numbers. They lack the holes, though the shape is the same... a pity :( But, hey, they resemble pretty well. Look at the Spanish collar, or the sleeves... so accurate. It's all the editor.

I've got no pics of that, but I also got the rounded "nike" shoulder back on the Man Utd shirt, in slightly different color so you notice the change of texture but it doesn't seem another color. It is soooo versatile, just started!

im not sure cos i never did it, but i think before patching was as big as it was and everyone made the club logos in game ie pixel by pixel. you may be able to find some instructions for making the logos, ie the grid referency things. but yeah, just an idea, might help! try pesinsight mayeb, or gamefaqs for the older ones.

Yeah I noticed the collar and sleeves on the spain kit, it looks just like the adidas ones, and I couldn't tell the number because 7 is a simple number, if it would've been a 2 or a 5 it woul've been different because they got different shapes.

For the logos, try PesFan, that's what I used for some kits since I don't patch, they got good stuff there, in the editing thread, try that for crests and sponsors..

Oh my god Thomas! Those are great, thanks for showing me Argentina, those look very freaking good!!!!! Didn't take you a lot of time to do Italy's huh? pretty simple ;)

Yeah, Thomas, nice work!!! :) I love the Argentina one! :)

The bad thing is there's no guide to national crests, as the've not been editable before. I made the England one up, and it came very well, but maybe some other won't, who knows... I wish you could just use a USB drive to share'em.. :D

Doubla R said:
Oh my god Thomas! Those are great, thanks for showing me Argentina, those look very freaking good!!!!! Didn't take you a lot of time to do Italy's huh? pretty simple ;)

I have the away too if you want better pict ?
About Italy, not really, i have find the real template in the kit editor, just lines more dark :) you can't see on the picture very small lines.

Thomas, try to improve the England shirt, I get the cross in both sides...

This in many ways is more fun than to have EXACT kits it shows the artistry of what a simple edit can do. When from afar these kits look probably just as good.

Mine doesn't look bad, I'll stick with it.

I forgot, I also have done Man Utd "heros" 3rd kit (white with red numbers and soft stripes) and England away (this one is also perfect), I'll try to get some more pics tonight.

I'm confused at how you managed to get such a perfect template for the Man United kit?

Are there endless amounts of different templates then, or something? Could you please have a go at creating the Brighton and Hove Albion strip? :D

home-kit.jpg

Anything would be appreciated mate.

Back
Top Bottom