PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Yeah, but you can't possibly rule out the scripting on the Ramires goal. I mean, come on. A chip shot from outside the box? The CPU must have activated some stat boosting or something...

:LOL:

On topic lads. We have the Chelsea, Barca, and CL threads for a reason ;)

Goalkeepers:
Even the game’s ‘keepers benefit from more control, while their distribution is more precise thanks to the addition of a power gauge when they throw the ball, creating opportunities for new, quicker counter attacks.

I find this interesting...
Precise flat goalkicks or throwins to the midfielders to start a quick counter are very common these days.
I hope they include a similar system for quick regular throw-ins too.

Total Freedom of Control:
Pro Evolution Soccer introduced the concept of freedom of movement, the new ‘PES FC’ in PES 2013 goes further with total freedom over ball control.

This is something we hear every year...
I hope this time it's true and without supercancel.

Full Manual One-Two:
Active one-two passes can be made, with the second player being moved in any direction), facilitating various tactical movements

Sounds interesting, i wonder how this will work. I always found that one-twopassing was very automatic and scripted.

Response Defending:
Countering the attacking options the new dribbling system offers, is a beautifully-balanced defence system. Players can use R2 and X to slow an attack, with a double-tap of the X button prompting a perfectly-timed challenge. Full 360-degree control means that players can check runs and steal the ball from a parallel position, while the individuality element will see world renowned defenders using aerial dominance of physicality to win the ball.

That's relabelling old wine in new bottles.
In general that's just remapping the tackle system.
Double tap X to tackle, I don't know that's a good idea.
If a normal conservative tackle is double tap X too, I don't think it is. When you are in defence mode you will tackle, but when you are in attacking mode a double X tap will be a pass.
That's why I don't use X in PES, sometimes you run to a loose ball, holding X and suddenly the power gauge shows up. So the game decides you are not in defence mode and when you reach the ball you will give a overpowered pass. See what I mean?

Last edited:

SWOS had that in 1996

And other football games of that era too. But to have something dynamic according to what's happening on the pitch finally in PES, is friggin' cool!

EDIT: But hey, I hope it is true and done right.

Last edited:

Konami is stupid. They have lost the train for years and now they are trying to copy FIFA with all these features that are already in fifa long time ago...

Pitty for Seabass...

Lets hope for a good result though...

Noooooo. If you feel more deeper you will see that FIFA copy Pes but they can't touch magic/soul from Pro Evo. KONAMI copy FIFA's PR and game present. Pes feel different, look different, play different, look for football different and a lot of of more.......Maybe features are similar because it's football but application into the gameplay in each game can feel dramatically different.

I just realized why most animations in pes are so weird. i was watching barca chelsea last night and saw Torres running and it was as if i was playing pes 2009 and 2010. they must have been using his animations for the last 4 years.

maybe while the hold up play is still the same: R2+x what is changed is the button to press to make your defender tackle during hold up
in pes 2012 to tackle you have to release R2 to tackle, while in pes 2013 it should be R2+x then x again to tackle
it's much more user friendly to me

Remember bad products only survive because customers allow them too.

Unfortunately there are only two football-games so it's either Fifa, that gets the game-production-aspects right, but gets the football-aspects wrong or PES that gets the gameproduction-aspects wrong but gets the football-aspects right.

It's really 50-50, I prefer the latter and just try to ignore or circumvent the bad game-mechanics and problems as much as possible and hope the next version will finally get better game-production.

If Fifa 13 though should massively improve the football-aspects, ie. introduce proper footplanting, a realistic inertia/momentum-model and better tactics, more realistic pressure-organization and better AI, I'm right there to buy on day 1.

But I think it's easier for Konami to wise up on gameproduction than for EA to get to grips with football-aspects.

Unfortunately there are only two football-games so it's either Fifa, that gets the game-production-aspects right, but gets the football-aspects wrong or PES that gets the gameproduction-aspects wrong but gets the football-aspects right.

It's really 50-50, I prefer the latter and just try to ignore or circumvent the bad game-mechanics and problems as much as possible and hope the next version will finally get better game-production.

If Fifa 13 though should massively improve the football-aspects, ie. introduce proper footplanting, a realistic inertia/momentum-model and better tactics, more realistic pressure-organization and better AI, I'm right there to buy on day 1.

But I think it's easier for Konami to wise up on gameproduction than for EA to get to grips with football-aspects.

I think your right although noises from Suff (the level headed one at WENB) and the FSB guys is Fifa 13 is going to be special in the gameplay department, Hopefully 2 amazing football games this year.

PES 2013: Player Individuality:
The very best players in PES 2013 will be instantly recognisable via incredible likeness and signature attributes, skills and tricks that bring them to life. The way they run, turn, trap and move the ball, shape to shoot and even celebrate will be noticeably different during play.

lol, this can't be real. Too good.

I think your right although noises from Suff (the level headed one at WENB) and the FSB guys is Fifa 13 is going to be special in the gameplay department, Hopefully 2 amazing football games this year.

Fingers crossed. But (as with PES) it's one thing to have a list of cool changes - it's how well they execute them, and with how much depth, that matters. I'm naturally more sceptical about EA because they tend to only change what they say they will, which leads to imbalances or only half-getting what people were complaining about in the first place. Plus they've got a hell of a lot more work to do if they're going to recreate the modern passing game, or the sense of a team working together.

With PES (accepting that it's not going to win the animations or presentation war any time soon) it's pretty much balance and freedom that they need to sort out, with some aesthetic changes, but you know that Konami will make some changes they haven't listed too - some will probably be for the worse, but usually quite a number are for the better, and are little touches that didn't need to be made.

Fingers crossed. But (as with PES) it's one thing to have a list of cool changes - it's how well they execute them, and with how much depth, that matters. I'm naturally more sceptical about EA because they tend to only change what they say they will, which leads to imbalances or only half-getting what people were complaining about in the first place. Plus they've got a hell of a lot more work to do if they're going to recreate the modern passing game, or the sense of a team working together.

With PES (accepting that it's not going to win the animations or presentation war any time soon) it's pretty much balance and freedom that they need to sort out, with some aesthetic changes, but you know that Konami will make some changes they haven't listed too - some will probably be for the worse, but usually quite a number are for the better, and are little touches that didn't need to be made.

I think Fifa would dramatically change for the good if they focussed mostly on the AI, right now the game is very playable but lack of any sort of realistic AI spoils it for me.

If Konami make all the changes they are promising the game is going to be incredible, I just hope their "Talk is cheap" line doesnt come back to haunt them.

Konami's PR issued a lot of buzznames to get us excited describing old and new features, but unfortunately two buzzwords weren't mentioned:

Realtime stamina/fatigue-system

and

Genuine challenge - No cheating!:COOL:

Or short veron style socks :(

Ronaldo is the cover star, Ronaldo in real life wears long ankle tape, so I don't know why Konami are preventing us from having that aspect that'll get us closer to reality

I think Fifa would dramatically change for the good if they focussed mostly on the AI, right now the game is very playable but lack of any sort of realistic AI spoils it for me.

If Konami make all the changes they are promising the game is going to be incredible, I just hope their "Talk is cheap" line doesnt come back to haunt them.

You put too much stock in what is fairly deliberate and unapologetic hype-talk, that when all is said and done is ultimately throwaway. You always call it out and suggest that you despise it, yet the irony here is that you hang on to these ''PR guy''-like words; giving them more attention and value than they are really worth. You take it too literally when I thought it was patently obvious ''talk is cheap'' was just some hype-text strewn across part of a ''moody'' teaser.

I'm not having a go here, I just think you should filter it out more than you currently do. I mean, remember the game This is Football? I'm pretty sure you didn't complain that it proved to not be real, actual football after all. When Halo 3 was released with the tagline ''Heroes never die'' did you write a letter to Microsoft and Bungie informing them that heroes do in actual fact die, offering numerous examples for their consideration?

Filter it out, Flawed. You will make your own mind up when you play the game. Just enjoy or take with a pinch of salt everything else in the meantime.

You put too much stock in what is fairly deliberate and unapologetic hype-talk, that when all is said and done is ultimately throwaway. You always call it out and suggest that you despise it, yet the irony here is that you hang on to these ''PR guy''-like words; giving them more attention and value than they are really worth. You take it too literally when I thought it was patently obvious ''talk is cheap'' was just some hype-text strewn across part of a ''moody'' teaser.

I'm not having a go here, I just think you should filter it out more than you currently do. I mean, remember the game This is Football? I'm pretty sure you didn't complain that it proved to not be real, actual football after all. When Halo 3 was released with the tagline ''Heroes never die'' did you write a letter to Microsoft and Bungie informing them that heroes do in actual fact die, offering numerous examples for their consideration?

Filter it out, Flawed. You will make your own mind up when you play the game. Just enjoy or take with a pinch of salt everything else in the meantime.

Talk is cheap no more excuses, Time to nail it.

Can't take much from this trailer to be honest. But then again I don't expect anything substantial until post E3.

Is PES going to be there this year?

Talk is cheap no more excuses, Time to nail it.

Agree with flaw3d, there is no more time for talk
Konami seems to know it, but did they really understand that or it's just a sentence to impress people?

I think it's the latter one, since the press release is just all talk

Agree with flaw3d, there is no more time for talk
Konami seems to know it, but did they really understand that or it's just a sentence to impress people?

I think it's the latter one, since the press release is just all talk

There is no point in guessing about it, before we play the full game for a few weeks, nothing can be said for sure, one way or the other. Not even a playable demo can tell us anything about the full game, except for what the graphics and animation will be like.

Back
Top Bottom