FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Rumors there might be finally some changes on CBF, that's the thing I been waiting for years.

This is what would be bring back football, to have at least an organized association.

I really like Seedorf as a person, but don't know about him as a coach. I personally saw very little of AC Milan with him at the helm, but the little I saw I wasn't impressed.

I think is a bit of a stretch to appoint him as the first "Escrete" foreign coach at this stage of his career. Don't know if he could handled. A more experienced coach would be better.

Something must be done. And should be on the Brazilian football culture as a whole. As you say, watching Brasileirão today is really a sad spectacle compared to the 90's, when teams played better football, even without the biggest names (which were in Europe). Now you have some of the best Brazilian players in the league (Pato, Damião, Ganso, amoung many others) but the football is so negative, too many long balls, etc.

:LMAO: Right! You are hilarious man, keep doing this. Like I said before, I can go all day.

Keep twisting words and proving yourself.

I imploded emotionally :LMAO: a guy that bash brazil on this forum since '05.

Wonder what the next analysis gonna be.

It was a conversation I had with Zero in the club thread ,about fans getting upset after a lost. I mention he should wait until the WC comes they`ll be imploding and heated attacks .

Now, I'm not sure if you are confusing me with someone one else. Im a bashing, Brazil analysis since `05? :LOL: I think you're writing half of what your saying in this forum and the other half in your mind. I just can`t follow your rant to understand what you are trying to say. I pegged Brasil to win the WC and even pleaded to Germany to stop the massacre !

bebo said:
Winners: Brazil
Disappointment: Italy
Golden Boot: Neymar
Surprise: Colombia
Best youngster: QUINTERO !

Germany PLEASE stop PLEASEEEE !!!!!!

I think you should be careful with throwing accusation...nothing but love for everyone-except(Chelsea,Mou,SpursMourinho and Mouth _____ , _____, etc.)

Last edited:
Now, I'm not sure if you are confusing me with someone one else. Im a bashing, Brazil analysis since `05? :LOL: I think you're writing half of what your saying in this forum and the other half in your mind. I just can`t follow your rant to understand what you are trying to say. I pegged Brasil to win the WC and even pleaded to Germany to stop the massacre !

Oooooh its my moment to shine! I finally get to be that guy that quote someone, twist stuff, then gives a moral lesson and a spell check!

But I won't be, cause that job is taken.

I meant 'I... a guy that bashes brazil since '05'
I was talking about myself beboquintero, I didn't mistake you with anybody else.
Sorry if I did, but english is not my first language.

But being a douche is kinda of fun. I enjoyed it :BYE:

Oooooh its my moment to shine! I finally get to be that guy that quote someone, twist stuff, then gives a moral lesson and a spell check!

But I won't be, cause that job is taken.

I meant 'I... a guy that bashes brazil since '05'
I was talking about myself beboquintero, I didn't mistake you with anybody else.
Sorry if I did, but english is not my first language.

But being a douche is kinda of fun. I enjoyed it :BYE:

Oh, then I do apologies with all sincerely . You have every right to express your views. I learn more through a person`s frustrating moments then, their happy moments. :(

I don`t have to agree with someone to learn from them . Maturity is something I lack and open mindedness is key to grow. No worries :))

I'm really confused myself, I think sauce is the word twister or purposely misunderstanding everything I write...

I'm blunt but I'm not a word twister, sister! I can bicker over pointless details all day though, it's a personal trait. My wife absolutely adore that quality.

Last edited:
The Dutch deserved to go out, after not even creating one clear cut chance....
but I have to wonder why LVG did not start with Tim Krul.
Cillessen's PK was horribly lacking confidence. He had no presence at all.

Just looking at Romero, I knew he was going to save them. He looked so big and imposing
and confident.
Cillessen has a look of "why am I here?"

Big flop by Van Gaal, if he had Tim Krul they may have won.
And why did Huntelaar or Robben not take the first penalty....no leaders I'm afraid.

my new favorite guy on this forum after this WC
mission accomplished :WORSHIP: I`m not full of myself Im like a water down beer :)) I`ll take what I can get....

And why did Huntelaar or Robben not take the first penalty....no leaders I'm afraid.

LVG admittedly of them being afraid to take the 1st kick. So, Vlaar just took the spot kick 1st :JAY:

Then he's actually saying that The Netherlands would've had even smaller chance as Argentina utterly nullified them. It has been counter attacks that has been Germany's main weapon in this WC as well, and Argentina seems capable of coping with that fairly well.

Let's bring football back on the table, shall we?:

Whatever it takes to win. Argentina have it. I fancy them for the final.

Let's just quote this as a good luck ritual. "Cabala"?

Messi's destiny almost fulfilled

See you Sunday ;)

"One more and Messi takes it home". LOL

If Argentina wins it would utterly complete the Brazilian humiliation...

No doubt.
Not that I want them to be humiliated, but that's what's gonna happen, no matter how bad they'll try to hide it. I think riots would be unleashed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTAVrtmQTlY

Messi was poor for Messi standard. He's was decisive in the first four games. In the first three with goals, and in the Switzerland with an amazing play and assist. The last two wasn't so good.

Exactly.
If Messi was just any other player, we would be saying he's one of the 2 surprises of the WC (like James). But he's not. He IS Messi. And every single person watching Argentina's games all over the world are CONSTANTLY waiting for that magical Messi dribbling, leaving 3 or 4 rivals behind and then scoring.

I'm starting to think it's not even what Messi wants. He wants to attract the opponents and take the pressure off the rest of the team. Then, IF he can, do something magical.

@ZeroTheHero & @andy18cruz

I agree, but there's at least 5 german players who did a better WC than him, so it would be fair to see one of them coronated with MVP of the tournament.

but, you know, everybody neglects every player and only concentrate on Messi, if he just make an assist, oh yeah let's give him man of the match, and screw the other players.

Here, in Argentina, nothing's further away to the truth than what you just said. You should read and hear what the Press has been saying about him since Switzerland.
If anyone TOOK Argentina to the finals, that's Mascherano (according to the Press).

I also felt astonished about it, such hatred pouring from this people.
A guy few posts ago called the president Dilma a hooker, another guy said the shooting and murders would start after yesterday´s game and another one said only drug dealers and thugs lived in favelas.
really sad many of you have this cliche view about Brasil. Very ignorant if you ask me.

I will be rooting for Argentina sunday! Vamos hermanos!

That was so nice of you. I took it as you really meant it.
If Brazil had been in the finals against Netherland instead, and Argentina had to play Germany for the 3rd and 4th spots, I would definetely support Brazil. I want South America to get the recognition it deserves.

So you do see it...strange.
That is the way your favourite team has been playing for years under Ferguson.
Granted they were more exciting than this Argentina, because very often they were goals down. this Argentina team never has been a goal down in this tournament.

I think it's pretty obvious that in the end the final will be contested by the two strongest teams.

So true.
It's actually kind of ironic that Argentina has earned SO many critics for its defense and yet it's one of the 2 or 3 NTs with less goals conceded (3) up to this point. And one of the NTs with less yellow cards and less fouls commited. These are facts, and they speak for themselves.

Leaving all of this aside, I do think Germany IS the better team here. And I honestly think they will win, even if I wish we did.

Without Di Maria and Agüero at their top level, it'll be almost impossible for us to create spaces and score. All Germany has to do is pay attention to Messi the way Netherland did, and they'd have about 70% of the job done.

For Argentina, instead, it will be so hard to keep track of so many German players opening gaps, passing the ball criteriously. German's team-work is truly admirable. They are never static. They never stand still waiting for the ball. They always appear by surprise. It's always better to pop-in by surprise rather than being there.

To sum up, Germany has to worry about 2 players utmost (even if Di Maria and Agüero could be among the starting 11, given their current state), while Argentina needs to be obsessed with 11 german men, because Neuer is just another field-players.

We have no chance of taking this one home. Not even with Messi at his best, the one he had in Barcelona 2 AND 3 AND 4 years ago.

And this might sound mediocre but I'm happy just to be able to be living this moment. I'm 26 and I have never had the chance to vivedly witness Argentina getting through to the finals. I'm already happy no matter how it ends.

Then he's actually saying that The Netherlands would've had even smaller chance as Argentina utterly nullified them. It has been counter attacks that has been Germany's main weapon in this WC as well, and Argentina seems capable of coping with that fairly well.

That was mainly in 2010 ;)

This WC we scored only 3 or 4 (if you count that 0:4 against Brazil as counter) times with counter attacks.
7 goals were results of set pieces (1 PK) - they seem to have trained that well
The other 6 / 7 goals are result of "normal" play.

We are strong when we have enough space for combinations and getting some problems when the opponent is playing a strong defensive tactic or when playing with high pressure and highly aggressive.

I think that Argentina will play the same defensive way with great discipline like they did before - that will make it difficult for us. But once getting corner kicks or free kicks we will be extremly dangerous.

I think it will be the flexibilty of our team which gives us a plus.
This will be a close match, I think. Hopefully not that onesided and boring like 1990 - though I would not complain if we would again win the title. ;) :D :D
I would say it is 55:45 % chance for Germany.

Last edited:
2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 were counters against Brazil, can't remember the others.

I think your definition of counter needs a rework ;)

2:0 was after a throw-in at the height of Brasilian box - clearly NO counter !!!

3:0 Is a result of normal combination play after Manuel Neuer caught the long ball by Luiz adressed to Bernard - Brazilian defence was set up: 9 players in their own half and 8 of them behind the ball as Germany passed the middle line. Again NO counter !!!

4:0 is a result of high pressure directly after the kickoff (3:0). Kroos attacked Fernandinho 27 meters in front of the brazilian goal - after the win of the ball it is a 2 vs 2 situation. this is not a typical counter goal, but it can be counted as one.

5:0 was clearly a counter

6:0 no counter, just normal play

7:0 was clearly a counter

If you do not remember correctly, you can have a look here:

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/haup...o/2192044/WM-kompakt:-Brasilien---Deutschland

Last edited:

2:0 was after a throw-in at the height of Brasilian box - clearly NO counter !!!

3:0 Is a result of normal combination play after Manuel Neuer caught the long ball by Luiz adressed to Bernard - Brazilian defence was set up: 9 players in their own half and 8 of them behind the ball as Germany passed the middle line. Again NO counter !!!

4:0 is a result of high pressure directly after the kickoff (3:0). Kroos attacked Fernandinho 27 meters in front of the brazilian goal - after the win of the ball it is a 2 vs 2 situation. this is not a typical counter goal, but it can be counted as one.

5:0 was clearly a counter

6:0 no counter, just normal play

7:0 was clearly a counter

If you do not remember correctly, you can have a look here:

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/haup...o/2192044/WM-kompakt:-Brasilien---Deutschland

And all of them were appalling football and defense

And all of them were appalling football and defense

Against a very bad team...

Argentina is a much, much better team.

IMO Brazil were not among the 16 best teams in this WC.

I think Argentina will win the final.
But for the sake of the match, i would love to see Germany score the first goal.

Might be another Germany festival, but i want to see Argentina play at least one splendid match.

I think they deserbe to be in the final, but a winner should at least play one extraodrinary match (by the way, now i only am fully aware how good that fantastic Spanish team has been). Usually that isn't the case...but one can only hope for a fantastic final...just like Spain in the last Euro final, that was great football...i haven't seen a single team like this at this WC.

Against a very bad team...

IMO Brazil were not among the 16 best teams in this WC.

First of all I agree that Brazil was not in good shape, BUT Germany did not only win, because Brazil was bad - it is just one side of the medal ;)

I disagree when you say Brazil were not among the 16 best teams of WC.
Which of the teams were better, but did not reach the KO stage?
Italy, England, Spain, Portugal, Russia? Ok, I know it is your opinion, but a one that I can hardly understand.

I know most of the people liked the way Columbia played - me too, but they were beaten by that "bad Brazil", the same goes for Chile. And it was not only about luck. This has also something to do with individual class.
And come on, Greece and Nigeria showed definetly worse matches than Brazil did.
I think it is all about expectations. And due to those expectations, nearly all big nations underperformed during this tournament:

Italy, Spain, England, Portugal played really bad.

Argentina did win all matches, but it was no real joy watching their games.

Netherlands played a good groupstage, but in KO stage the matches were boring most of the time.

France showed a solid performance in the group, but in KO stage it was not that good.

Germany showed a weird performance in groupstage and first KO stage - due to the tactic of Löw.

Brazil also was not that dominating in groupstage as most people expected.

So none of those teams nearly met the expectations and everyone has the right to be dissapointed about it.
2014 was the world cup of those "smaller" teams that were showing good performances like:
Columbia, Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica (biggest surprise), USA and Algeria.

So, if you sum up, you can say a lot of the big players were dissapointig and a lot of the minor teams did it very well.

But in the end all teams reaching next KO stage, the semis or the finals deserve it. Sometimes you need to have luck aswell, but you will not reach the finals only playing bad and being lucky all the time ;)

Mustafi's injury vs Algeria was a blessing for Germany. with Lahm back in his true position, Germany started to play like they're expected to. (thank god Löw realized that too)

and similar goes for Argentina too. Demichelis' return with Agüero and esp Gago dropped from the XI they started to play very good defense and possession football. they're no impressive in attack like Germany, though. but with holland, both deserved to play the final compared to other "big"s but penalties said Argentina it is. although I think Germany looks like the best side in the tournament, the final is quite unpredictable for me. may the better team win... (my final would be GERvCOL tbh - technically impossible though)

Germany are stocked pile in the middle. Then, you have that GK of their Neuer what a loon w/ brilliance. He runs out of his box to the half way line to kick a ball. Messi can score out of nothing and Germany could score from nearly everybody except Özil . I hope Di Maria gets to play he can change the game for them. Argie winning it will give Leo the edge over Maradona :). Germany could make history battered the host and win in S.America ! W/ Özil the most hated player in Germany .

besides arg winning it, I think Messi himself needs to do something like Zidane did in 98 final to cement his status as the goat a la jordan in everybody's eyes. against Belgium and Holland it was brilliant defending and keeping possession, the team effort led them to final. messi hasn't individually steped up (yet). :TUMBLE: (the bebo way)

p.s. ozil should not start in the final imo.

Last edited:

I was probably too shocked to pay attention, and there were so few Brazilians defending so it must be that...

A counter attack is when you win the ball and start an attack immediately, however the expiration of a counter is technically when the defending team has managed to organize and you could argue that that never happened to Brazil at all in the first 28 minutes...

besides arg winning it, I think Messi himself needs to do something like Zidane did in 98 final to cement his status as the goat a la jordan in everybody's eyes. against Belgium and Holland it was brilliant defending and keeping possession, the team effort led them to final. messi hasn't individually steped up (yet). :TUMBLE: (the bebo way)

p.s. ozil should not start in the final imo

:COAT::CRY:

I think most of you are being harsh towards Brazil and under-rating them, first of all I don't support them and since the first game I said here that I don't want them to win this WC.

since the first game you're saying they're lucky and won with the ref's help, as if Croatia deserved the win, for me, Croatia only deserved a draw.

anyways, Brazil wasn't bad, they were up and down, but mainly they were clearly one of the best 8. Most of you are blinded by some unexplained hate for Brazil. (or was it explained indirectly by cheering for their eternal rivals Argentina? (for Messi of course)).

against Germany, yes they were bad in 1st half, and you know in football it's sometimes a matter of dominoes effect, a goal can lead to others. and I swear if they replay the game, they would never lose that way.

and don't forget it's Germany we're talking about, best team in the world since 2008 (yes, better than Spain).

... however the expiration of a counter is technically when the defending team has managed to organize and you could argue that that never happened to Brazil at all in the first 28 minutes...

:D:D:D
I agree, if you see it from this point of view all 5 goals in first half were counter attack goals. Indeed there was little down to no organization at all... ;)

against Germany, yes they were bad in 1st half, and you know in football it's sometimes a matter of dominoes effect, a goal can lead to others. and I swear if they replay the game, they would never lose that way.

Of course this is very theoretical (i wonder if this word exists in english language :D:D). But i think it was the sum of different circumstances which together lead to this result.
The pressure from fans, media and the wish to win the title for the whole country. The losses of neymar and Silva etc, etc.
The pressure was too high i think, there was too much involved than just soccer issues.
The second goal finally killed brazil in this match. The reaction on the pitch and on the seats was the sane: they were simply shocked.

This and of course the efficency and accuracy of Germany lead finally to this result.

Back
Top Bottom