PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I find it works best if you repress the existence of PES 2008, 2009, and 2010, and possibly the years 2007, 2008, and 2009 too, if that helps. Then it feels that progress hasn't been so slow in the football genre!

I think many of the people complainig about those pes 2012 little videos didn't play pes 2011 enough
i don't know how to describe it, but even if the game shows like a polished pes 2011 and animations are not so good there are so many details in that video that really made me happy
the rooney shot, the Milan player running and complaining about the foul but still focused within the match and shooting
it's like players now have life
and that was one of the thing i missed more from pes 2011 :BOP:

and to all people complaining, we just watched short videoclips of the game, rodelero played the game an entire day, 1vs1, 2vs2, 1vscpu and he said pes 2012 is the best football game ever made gameplay wise
maybe it's a bit exaggerated (sorry rodelero) but i feel pes 2012 is going to be a very special game :))

@rob, you said pes 2011 was fast? what?

I played PES2011 to death mate, I enojyed it a lot despite its flaws.

I do think that it's fast though, mainly because of instant control of any pass, the ultra athleticism of all players being able to run all the time and how quickly you can go from defender to attacker.

There are some nice details in the videos, I see them. I just don't feel excited by what I saw

Meh, not concerned about the videos. Thought PES 11 looked absolute gash this time last year but actually loved it once I gave it a play.

The ball physics for that Rooney goal look very nice though, looks more organic, I like the way he reacts to a loose ball without needing a touch.

PES has always been too fast, I understand they want to make the game enjoyable, and they do, but I think they could slow it down a bit. If they want to replicate real football (if that's truly their aim) they have to anyway.

PES has always been too fast, I understand they want to make the game enjoyable, and they do, but I think they could slow it down a bit. If they want to replicate real football (if that's truly their aim) they have to anyway.

i don't agree with you
anyway if you want there is game speed selector, did you try that?

That Robinho dribble looks nice as well, defenders can't get near him.

Bet Konami finally perfect the game then cock up the online servers.

the speed selector doesnt stop what I mentioned makes the game fast. The constant running, the immediate control etc.

the lighting looks good.The ball physics look slick and shots look tight.

But the keepers oh my.Awful.ruins it.

Well, read up, amuroray, Konami are saying that the goalkeepers are being worked upon, and this time I believe them. I think someone somewhere in Konami have given the PES team a massive kick up the arse to sort out the game and get back the people who emigrated to FIFA :P

I love that Rooney goal as well! I can't stop watching it infact, did you guys notice the guys sat behind the goal raising their hands and cheering when it went in, and the photographers lifting up their cameras as the goal went in and started taking photo's? awesome :)

Last edited:
The game just looks like an improved version over 2011, if you didn't like this year's game then you probably won't like the new one either. And I'm fine with that.

On a positive, I love the improved atmosphere from the crowd. Far more realistic sounding, and love the whistles when the away team score at Real Madrid.

Looks great, cant wait!!

One thing that has improved a lot is the sound..........very atmospheric, everything elselooks nice so Im happy, but then again my expectations are lower than many folk on here!!

I am not to worried about the videos, to many variables like what level they are playing on etc to make an accurate judgement.

I am looking for to PES2012 after reading impressions from the likes of Rod. Seen as I still play and enjoy PES2011 (offline only) then if the poor aspects of PES2011 have been improved and added functionality then that is good enough for me.

Looking forward to the announcments that Konami are going to make at Gamescom, they seem to have the "in the know" people excited.

Yeah the crowd sounds seem much improved, more of a feel of a big crowd. A huge roar when the home team score, then a quiet, more muffled sound of a smaller away crowd when the away team score, followed by the home crowd whistling. Nice touch IMO.

On a slightly different note,

"There are 14 existing stadiums editable in stadium edit mode, which itself has seen little change – save the inclusion of more “bowl” type stadiums, as opposed to isolated stands"

Bowl-shaped stadiums! :BOP:

Why only 14 existing stadia?

Perhaps, the rest are subject to license, hence are not allowed to be edited. IIRC, in 2011, we have around 25 stadia in total (14 licensed + 11 fake). So are we going to have 3 more fake stadia since 14 ( 11 + 3 ) are fake one ? Besides, we can make new stadioms, can't we ?

Last edited:
Really bad videos, the game will not be as bad as they make it look, the AI is obviously set on low and the people playing(if it is human controlled) are rubbish.

I think the animations are coming along, albeit at a snails pace. Looking alot more fluid but also a bit stiff and jerky in places, like a cross between FIFA2011 and PES2008 :D.

The shooting looks nice, love that first shot(I think) from a Milan player struck low and hard, looks like you can get alot of power behind shots.

Graphics are nice, looks alot better than 2011, I think its the lighting like others are mentioning.

The only thing that puts me off is John Champion & Jim Beglin, hope I can use Spanish commentary otherwise I'm gonna have to turn it off.

Last edited:
Glad the away wear fans wear their teams jerseys too. From early impressions i got the hint that only the home sides fans would be wearing them, but really happy to see it applies to both teams.

Most of us can play Crysis 2 on good gfx, in late 2012 even more people can play on good gfx. Now compare PES or FIFA gfx with any other major hit game. Konami could just licence Unreal Engine 3, rendering 22 players + stadium + crowd shouldnt be so hard for basic gfx card in 2012. I do really hope PES 2013 will have new engine...we will have to see what KONAMI has in sleeve for us, as fifa 13 is going to be kinetic enchanted..

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about those videos. You can blatantly see that the shite defending is human controlled. The guy using Madrid should hang his head in shame.

Back
Top Bottom